job_072914a: Staff/Principal Level R&D Engineer, Pelvalon (Sunnyvale, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 15:01:03 -0700

The Position:

This is an opportunity to join an exciting and
growing medical device start-up company that is
rapidly approaching commercialization. You will
lead the critical-path design and development of
multiple devices that together enable our truly
novel treatment. You will directly see your work
benefiting patients and offering physicians a
treatment option they did not previously have.
This is a rare combination of a small early-stage
company with a clinically-proven and truly novel device.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
    * Design and develop Pelvalon’s current and next-generation devices
    * Participate in clinical studies to obtain
first-hand experience of clinical usage
    * Understand user needs through interaction with physicians and patients
    * Ensure designs withstand the rigors of real-world use
    * Transfer designs to manufacturing
    * Participate in verification and validation processes
    * Explore technical approaches to expanding
the market opportunity of our core technology
Requirements:
    * Inherent ability to make things work
    * Thoroughness
    * Experience designing robust mechanisms
    * Experience designing excellent user experiences via physical products
    * Excellent problem solving skills
    * Proven ability to self-direct and drive a
project from conception through execution
    * Wide range of engineering skills including
design principles, materials knowledge, testing, and DFM
    * 8+ years of experience designing, building and testing
The Company:

Pelvalon is a medical device start-up company in
Sunnyvale working on a first-of-its kind
healthcare product for women. Â Our team is made
up of driven founders and employees on a mission
to enable safe and effective treatment for a
drastically underserved patient population. Â We
have support from the top physicians in our field
and have rapidly pushed forward our technology
since the company’s founding in 2010.

If you share our passion for thoughtful curiosity
and efficient implementation of new solutions, we
want you on our team. Â Please send your resume
and cover letter to <mailto:steve_at_pelvalon.com>steve_at_pelvalon.com.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.