job_021615a: Mechanical Product Design Engineer, Ringly (New York, NY)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 13:35:38 -0800

>Ringly is looking for a mechanical engineer to
>help with the engineering design of our new
>products as well as to help with improvements on
>our current product line. We are developing the
>world's most beautiful smart jewelry, so in
>addition to being an excellent engineer having a
>critical eye for aesthetics is also a major
>plus. You will work closely with the other
>engineers on the team (especially with EE) in
>order to develop products that are beautiful,
>reliable, cost effective, and able to ship on
>time. In addition, you will be helping to
>support our manufacturing efforts. We are a
>close-knit startup and so the ability to work
>and communicate well with a small group of
>highly talented engineers is a requirement.
>
>Responsibilities:
>- Own the mechanical design for current and new products
>- Work closely with RF engineering and
>electrical engineering to develop mechanical designs that meet our needs
>- Work closely with manufacturing and provide
>assistance with: test fixture design, assembly
>fixture design, material sourcing, BOM management
>- Research new manufacturing technologies and
>processes in order to push our manufacturing
>tolerances to meet our exacting design requirements
>- Assist in vendor evaluation and selection
>- Travel to manufacturing site (international, about 20% of time)
>
>Qualifications:
>- A bachelorĂ¢€™s degree in mechanical engineering
>- 3–5 years experience working with consumer electronics or jewelryy
>- Extensive experience with SolidWorks (should consider yourself a pro)
>- Fluent with GD&T
>- High volume manufacturing experience
>
>If interested in applying please send your
>resume and any other relevant material to:
><mailto:jobs_at_ringly.com>jobs_at_ringly.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.