job_042115a: Process Engineer Intern, Zazzle (San Jose, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 11:37:23 -0700

Process Engineer Intern
Research and Development | San Jose, CA

Zazzle is an online retailer of customized goods.
Our most popular product lines are customized at
our two San Jose, CA manufacturing locations. The
Process Engineer Intern will be tasked with
quantifying areas of improvement within our
various process workflows on the manufacturing
floor. After identifying areas of improvement,
the intern will propose changes, take on the role
of "Project Lead" and work with production,
operations, purchasing, and engineering to effect
these changes. Documentation of process
adjustments include updating CAD layouts, Visio
workflow diagrams, cost of goods sold (COGS)
spreadsheets, etc. The intern will directly
report to a Process Engineer and the Director of
Operations Technology in the Operations Office.
If you have a passion for manufacturing, and a
curiosity in kaizen and process optimization, this is the internship for you!

What you will learn:
- Inner workings of a manufacturing environment,
hands-on industry experience, and how to work
with individuals across the organization
- How to analyze a manufacturing process, propose
improvements, and implement changes
- Project management

Minimum requirements:
- Junior, senior, or master's student working
towards a degree in engineering (any field), or
business with engineering experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a keen eye for design
- Quick and independent learner – ability to pick
up things quickly, e.g. understaanding
systems/processes, basic coding languages, software
- Interdisciplinary background – you are a
well-rounded individual who often findds
themselves torn between their love of engineering
and their desire to project manage and understand
business operations. Your resume demonstrates a
depth in knowledge but also a breadth in
coursework, extracurriculars, and experience.
- Technical experience – whether engineering
classess, building a personal website, etc.
- Committed to work for Zazzle for no less than 10 weeks from your start date

Preferred requirements:
- Experience with project management, either
through internship/work experience, in school, or other
- Strong technical abilities, demonstrated by a
portfolio. Familiarity/experience with AutoCAD, or any CAD, is a plus. Â
- Some experience with coding and UI design.
Familiarity with coding SQL queries a plus.
- Experience with Arduino, microcontrollers, or
basic mechatronic systems is an added bonus

Please apply at:
<http://zazzle.com/jobs>zazzle.com/jobs under "Process Engineer Intern"

Vivian Nguyen
M.S. 2014 | Mechanical Engineering
B.S. 2013 | Mechanical Engineering
Stanford University
<mailto:vmnguyen_at_stanford.edu>vmnguyen_at_stanford.edu

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Kristin Burns