job_042215b: Drone Field Operations Engineer, Cape Productions (Redwood City, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 17:10:22 -0700

Full-time position
Redwood City

As a Drone Field Operations Engineer, you have the overall
responsibility of organizing and managing our drone operations in the
field, as well as supporting the development of our operational
guidelines. In addition, you will be responsible for mission planning,
operator training, drone testing, and maintenance. The ideal Drone
Field Operations Engineer is able to efficiently identify and solve
operational problems and set up the daily practices for drone
operations. You will also work closely with local authorities to plan
and execute local drone services.

You will have a passion for aerial robotics and extreme attention to
detail. You are able to efficiently and safely execute drone missions,
assessing various variables and following guidelines at all times. The
Drone Field Operations Engineer needs to be analytic, reliable and
ready to work long hours while heavily traveling for drone missions
all over the world.

Applicants with a valid Sport or Private or Commercial Pilot license
are strongly preferred..

Responsibilities:
Drone mission execution
Drone related planning, service, testing and training
Organizing operations
Organizing resources
Overseeing missions
Regulatory compliance

Skills:
Problem solving
Process improvement
Coordination
Good sight and physical condition
Solid judgment and decision making skills
UAV/RC-experience obligatory

Bonus Points:
Love of filmmaking and/or photography.
Outdoor sports enthusiast (snowboarding/skiing,
surfing, mountain biking, etc.).

About Us:
Cape Productions Inc. is a fully-funded startup in Silicon Valley.
We’re changing the way that outdoor sports enthusiasts across all
skill levels capture and experience video footage of their favorite
pastimes. We are committed to making technology disappear and making
life's most memorable moments even better.

Why Join Us?
Love drones? Enjoy visiting the most beautiful places in the world?
Excited about working with the most prominent members of the consumer
drone industry and Silicon Valley luminaries? Our co-founders hail
from Google[x] and Stanford and our investors are among the most
respected in Silicon Valley. We hope you will join us as we scale our
product across the world.

Send resumes to louis_at_capehq.com.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.