job_042315a: Mechanical Engineer, Nomiku (San Francisco, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 10:56:32 -0700

Nomiku is changing the way people cook by making
great, restaurant-quality food easy. In fact,
Nomiku is used by the best restaurants in the
world. From our humble office and production
space in the Mission district of San Francisco,
we are making the best cooking tools the world
has ever seen, and making them accessible to
everyone. Our kitchen churns out new recipes
daily, and we regularly consult with top chefs
and food scientists on producing better quality
food. We have family meal served daily and share food together all the time.

We are looking to hire a mechanical engineer who
will focus on plastic DFM, fixtures, and testing
for our new Wi-Fi Nomiku, and new products under
development. You will work closely with our
products through the design, tooling, and
production phases of development. Since we are
a small team, you will have a significant
influence across those stages and will be
expected to fill a few different roles.

Qualifications
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or relevant degree
- 2+ years in product development including
plastic part design, DFM, DFA, and fixture design
- Proficient in 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Experience taking a product design from CAD
model through tooling, production, and testing
- Experience working on a small team and iterating quickly on design
- Experience with hands-on prototyping and rapid prototyping methods
- Strong verbal and written communication skills

Interested candidates should send resumes and
cover letters/portfolios to Tiffany Chan at
<mailto:tiffany_at_nomiku.com>tiffany_at_nomiku.com
with the subject line "Mechanical Engineer Position".

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.