job_070815a: Mechanical Engineer, Moxxly, Inc. (San Francisco, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 10:35:32 -0700

COMPANY: Moxxly

TITLE: Mechanical Engineer

TIMEFRAME: Summer 2015

LOCATION: San Francisco, CA

DESCRIPTION

You are a creative and self-motivated tech geek
who is experienced in mechanical design. You are
versatile and energized by the prospect of
wearing many hats. You have executed crazy ideas,
you are meticulous about details, and you get as
excited about data as you do about well-designed smart products.

As a Mechanical Engineer at Moxxly, you will be a
leader responsible for designing components,
refining product specifications, and developing
and implementing test protocols.

You will collaborate with the Product and
Engineering teams to build, test, and bring to
market consumer products, starting with a smart
breast pump system. You will have a hand in
future products are in the health, wellness, and IoT space.

Responsibilities

● Work closely with the Product and
Engineering teams to refine a beta breast pump
system that collects and measures milk as it is expressed.

● Build and test prototypes of the pump system.

● Make CAD part and drawing files of system components.

● Work with founders to build out the in-house hardware team.

● Prepare test plans and product specifications.

● Support production of the smart
products, from prototyping to design for manufacturing and beyond.

Requirements

● 3-5 years experience in mechanical
design and project management of products that have reached the market

● Excellent written and organization skills

● Good CAD practices

● Hands-on and enjoys building physical tangible objects

● Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity

● Self-motivated and will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment

● Analytically driven

● Detail oriented with an eye always on the big picture

● BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering,
Mechatronics, Applied Physics or equivalent
leading to hands on knowledge of mechanical design.

Technical Skills

● Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks

● FEA & structural analysis

● Laser cutting and 3D printing experience

● Arduino or similar basic mechatronics platform

Nice to Have

● Experience with connected devices and IoT space

● Serious machine shop skills

● Knowledge in PID & feedback control

COMPENSATION

Full Time

Salary and equity based on experience

BENEFITS

Health Benefits

Flexible work hours

Parental Leave

Personal Time Off

Culture of Learning

Off-sites and Happy Hours

Personal Passion Projects

Paid volunteer time

The right tools to do your best work

ABOUT MOXXLY

Moxxly is a female-founded, SF-based startup,
designing smart products for modern women. Moxxly
takes the guesswork out of modern motherhood
through beautiful, connected devices. Moxxly's
first product is a smart, stylish, and high
performing breast pump system that enables
today's mobile mom to pump wherever she is, with
her shirt on, while receiving real-time data about her supply.

ABOUT THE TEAM

We are a lean, fast-paced start-up and we are
growing rapidly. We are looking for passionate,
fun, creative types who think big and execute
quickly. Come be part of something huge!

At Moxxly, we pride ourselves on human-centered
design and we apply the same approach to
supporting, motivating, and learning as a team.
We value strong opinions, direct feedback,
results-orientation, and, best of all, a good sense of humor.

Moxxly is an equal opportunity employer.

INTERESTED?

Tell us what you’ve built and email your resume
and LinkedIn profile to <mailto:jobs_at_moxxly.com>jobs_at_moxxly.com.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.