job_070815b: Senior Firmware Engineer, Moxxly, Inc. (San Francisco, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 10:35:55 -0700

COMPANY: Moxxly

TITLE: Senior Firmware Engineer

TIMEFRAME: Summer 2015

LOCATION: San Francisco, CA

DESCRIPTION

You are a creative and self-motivated tech geek
who is highly experienced in embedded systems,
microcontrollers, and electronics design. You are
versatile and energized by the prospect of
wearing many hats. You have executed crazy ideas,
you are meticulous about details, and you get as
excited about data as you do about well-designed smart products.

As a Senior Firmware Engineer at Moxxly, you will
be a leader responsible for managing other
electrical and firmware engineers on the team,
communication with the software team, and doing
electrical design work including component
selection, circuit design, refining product
specifications, and developing and implementing test protocols.

You will collaborate with the Product and
Engineering teams to build, test, and bring to
market consumer products, starting with a smart
breast pump system. You will have a hand in
future products in the health, wellness, and IoT space.

Responsibilities

· Work closely with the Product and
Engineering teams to refine a beta level sensor
board and BLE radio design for milk flow and volume measurement.

· Transfer R&D prototypes of the pump
system to fabrication & manufacturing level.

· Work with the founders to build out the in-house hardware team.

· Work with the CTO to manage development
of the firmware and electrical design of Moxxly products.

· Prepare test plans and product specifications.

· Support production of the smart products,
from PCB design to setting up test fixtures for
the manufacturing assembly line.

Requirements

· 5-7 years experience in embedded systems,
electrical circuit design, and project management
of products that have reached the market

· Experience in the connected devices and IoT space

· Excellent written and organization skills

· Good programming practices

· Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity

· Self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced startup environment

· Analytically driven

· Detail oriented with an eye always on the big picture

· BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Computer
Science or equivalent leading to hands on
knowledge of circuit design, microcontrollers and embedded systems.

Technical Skills

· C/C++

· Keil, GCC, or Mbed

· Altium or Eagle

Nice to Have Experience

· Sensors, DAQs & instrumentation

· BT & BLE devices

· PID Control

· Real-time operating systems

· Power management

COMPENSATION

· Full Time

· Salary and equity based on experience

BENEFITS

· Health Benefits

· Flexible work hours

· Parental Leave

· Personal Time Off

· Culture of Learning

· Off-sites and Happy Hours

· Personal Passion Projects

· Paid volunteer time

· The right tools to do your best work

ABOUT MOXXLY

Moxxly is a female-founded, SF-based startup,
designing smart products for modern women. Moxxly
takes the guesswork out of modern motherhood
through beautiful, connected devices. Moxxly's
first product is a smart, stylish, and high
performing breast pump system that enables
today's mobile mom to pump wherever she is, with
her shirt on, while receiving real-time data about her supply.

ABOUT THE TEAM

We are a lean, fast-paced start-up and we are
growing rapidly. We are looking for passionate,
fun, creative types who think big and execute
quickly. Come be part of something huge!

At Moxxly, we pride ourselves on human-centered
design and we apply the same approach to
supporting, motivating, and learning as a team.
We value strong opinions, direct feedback,
results-orientation, and, best of all, a good sense of humor.

Moxxly is an equal opportunity employer.

INTERESTED?

Tell us what you’ve built and email your resume
and LinkedIn profile to <mailto:jobs_at_moxxly.com>jobs_at_moxxly.com.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.