job_072715a: Mid-Senior Mechanical Engineering, Mindtribe, San Francisco CA

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 11:43:56 -0700

Here at Mindtribe, we help our clients bring new
things into the world. However, we’ve learned
from experience that building the right thing
requires a design methodology and a skill set
which can be a tad uncommon.好bsp; Along with
serious engineering skills, we share a strong
empathy with our clients and their
customers.好bsp; We work hard to figure out how
to validate key product features fast and early
to save time while yielding a product that will
be embraced.好bsp; And we try to do it better every time.

We’re looking for experienced mechanical
engineers that can not only architect and
implement detailed mechanical designs, but can
also work closely with clients and other
engineers to make sure the end product is what
was actually needed. Team players are a must with
a strong interest in continual team and
methodology improvement.好bsp; And, perhaps most
importantly, our engineers must have a passion to
help our clients make their products a success.

Here are some specifics for what we’re seeking:

-
5+ years in product development, ideally in
consumer electronics or connected devices, with
multiple examples of personally taking designs
from concept through to manufacturing ramp.好bsp;
Consulting experience is a plus.

-
Recent experience designing complex integrated
hardware assemblies.好bsp; Examples we would be
very interested in include those which combine
mechanical, aesthetic, and user interaction
requirements such as IoT products, wearables, or medical devices.

-
Passion to help clients develop successful new
products and to continually improve the process of product development.

-
Solid communication skills: presentation, verbal and written.

-
Experience helping to lead mechanical teams and mentoring junior members.

-
Experience managing project schedules, budgets,
and trade-offs; communicating and prioritizing
project deliverables to internal and external stakeholders.

-
Experience collaborating with industrial
designers and user experience designers to
incorporate their input into a product’s design.

-
Sufficient understanding of electrical and
firmware realities to help inform integrated
design decisions.好bsp; Advanced skills are a plus.

-
Experience working with contract manufacturers
before and during production ramp, remotely and on-site, domestic and overseas.

-
Strong attention to detail and a dedication to craftsmanship.

-
A desire to work with like-minded colleagues to
build the best product development team around.

If the above sounds like you, we want to
talk.好bsp; Please send your cover letter and
resume to
<mailto:mtjobs_at_mindtribe.com>mtjobs_at_mindtribe.com.好bsp;
In your cover letter, please help us understand
why you and Mindtribe would be a great match.

-Tom Hsiu

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.