job_101915a: Mechanical Engineer, blu eCigs (Campbell, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 14:07:15 -0700

blu eCigs, a leading manufacturer of tobacco replacement devices, is
currently seeking an Mechanical Engineer, located at our technology office
in Silicon Valley, CA.

Electronic cigarettes are transformational products that provide a cutting
edge alternative to adult smokers who enjoy smoking or who struggle to quit.
Here at blu, we strive to maximize the great potential of our products to
positively change the lives of these smokers. We prioritize innovation,
creative thinking and technical know-how to achieve this goal in the United
States and throughout the rest of the world. Come join our team of
engineering all-stars and play a critical role in developing new
technologies to contribute to the most significant harm reduction
opportunity ever for smokers of traditional cigarettes.

As a Mechanical Engineer, you'll be responsible for developing hardware
designs that will be deployed across the company's expanding product line.
In this role, you'll work with a cross functional engineering team to create
designs for consumer products and testing devices. We are looking for a
creative, energetic and very hands-on person to imagine new concepts and
rapidly transform them into reality.

Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related field
- Minimum 3 years' experience in design related activities, preferably
designing consumer electronics
- Experience designing plastic parts for injection molding
- Knowledge of key design for manufacturability concepts
- Demonstrable understanding of the science of heat transfer
- Familiarity with advanced engineering materials
- Familiarity with common manufacturing processes such as injection molding,
machining and sheet metal stamping
- Proficient with 3D CAD software, preferably SolidWorks
- Strong documentation skills and attention to detail
-Must have skills to work in a hands-on environment
- Demonstrated creativity and a true passion for design

Additional skills to be considered:
- Experience with PDM software such as SolidWorks ePDM
- Experience with finite element modeling and fluid flow simulation packages

blu eCigs offers a competitive benefits package, which includes - Matching
401k, 14 paid holidays, generous vacation plan, medical, dental, and life
insurance.

blu eCigs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug screening is required for
all new hires.

No Agency Referrals. Applicants must be able to legally work in the U.S. on
a permanent basis. H1-B and relocation assistance not available.

Send resumes to: ramon_at_blucigs.com

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.