job_010616a: Mechanical Engineer, Alion Energy (Richmond, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 09:51:15 -0800

Mechanical Engineer

About Us
Alion Energy is a new kind of renewable energy
company with technology and products that will
allow us to make a significant and cost effective
contribution to solving the world’s energy
issues. Our innovative engineering and technology
teams coupled with our cost-effective approach to
designing and building utility scale power
plants, allow us to provide clean, inexpensive,
renewable energy solutions that set us apart from
the rest of the field. We are passionate about
using renewable energy to make a real difference in our world.

Job Description
The Mechanical Engineer will take part in
developing a single axis, utility-scale PV solar
tracker. The Mechanical Engineer will work as
part of a team performing design, iterative
development, analysis, testing, and manufacturing
of solar tracker mechanical components.

The role will report to the Director of R&D. The
ideal candidate is capable of autonomous work,
enjoys being part of a team, and is practical, organized, & thorough.

Job Duties:
• Iterative design of mechanical ccomponents for
a single axis, utility scale PV tracker
• PPerform FEA analyses on components
• DFM components and crreate drawings for volume manufacture at cost targets
• Crreate and execute component test plans
• Participate in syystem test builds
• Create design documentation for 3rd paarty due-diligence review
• Prepare materials for weekly tteam meetings

Skills/Education/Experience:
• 5 years of experience in engineering design;
10+ years expeerience highly preferred
• Proficiency in Solidworks requiired; AutoCAD a plus
• Solar experience highly preferred ((especially utility scale & trackers)
• Design leadersship, mechatronics, & construction experience are preferred
• Excellent communication skills (written, visual, verbal)
• Proficiency in MS Office required (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Proficiency in MS Project a plus

Work Environmental & Physical Demands:
The characteristics described below are
representative of those encountered while
performing the essential functions of this
position. Reasonable accommodations will be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing duuties of this job, would
occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit,
reach with hands and arms, climb or balance,
stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers
and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required include
close vision, distaance vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Overtime may be necessary as workload’s
dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
• Job will generally be performed in an office
environment, but may require travel to visit a
project site or client’s office, Conditions
will vary at each location, but the conditions
listed above will generally apply.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package
including: PTO, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental,
Vision, 401(k) and Competitive Salary. At Alion,
we operate in a casual teamwork environment.

If your experience and skills meet or exceed our
requirements, please e-mail your resume in PDF or
Word format to:
<mailto:engineeringjobs_at_alionenergy.com>engineeringjobs_at_alionenergy.com.
Please include job code in the subject line: ME126

Equal Opportunity Employer

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.