jop_082216a: Engineer, TL Biolabs (Santa Clara, California)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 16:39:38 -0700

Job: Engineer, Scientist
Company: TL Biolabs
Website: <http://www.tlbiolabs.com>http://www.tlbiolabs.com
Email: <mailto:sam.parlett_at_tlbiolabs.com>sam.parlett_at_tlbiolabs.com

To feed the growing population, we will need to
more than double agricultural output by 2050,
while making production far more sustainable.
Genomic testing can predict any heritable trait
from birth: weight, milk amount, fat & protein
percentage, disease susceptibility, fertility,
feed efficiency, environmental impact - the list
goes on. Genomics allows farmers to breed
healthier, more efficient animals, faster. This
means more food, more profits for farmers, and
most importantly, less environmental impact.

This is where we come in. At TL Biolabs, we do
genomic testing for cows. We make cows bigger,
better, faster, and stronger. Current
implementations are too expensive, not flexible
and too difficult for farmers to use. Our
proprietary testing platform and integrated cloud
based herd management system can reduce the price
of testing by an order of magnitude, increase
flexibility and bring turnaround time down to
days, not weeks or months. We do everything
ourselves: we build the chips, run the tests, do
the analysis, and present the results to farmers
in easy to understand software. We enable
widespread uptake by finally bringing the test
price to less than the average gain in profit per animal.

We need help automating a challenging system and
need some geniuses who are up for the challenge
of a lifetime. We’re in Y Combinator, have a
bunch of investment, and a queue of customers
coming out the door. But we need some brilliant
people to iteratively automate our entire
production process. If you like hacking, cows,
cutting edge technically, chemistry, biology, or
table tennis, we encourage yo to join us. Contact
Sam Parlett at <mailto:sam.parlett_at_tlbiolabs.com>sam.parlett_at_tlbiolabs.com.

Positions Available:
- Mechanical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Fluidics Engineer
- Molecular Biologists
- Opto-Mechanical Engineer

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.