job_050517a: Mechanical Engineer, Future Motion (Santa Cruz, Ca)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2017 17:43:53 -0700

Future Motion Inc, makers of Onewheel® are
seeking to hire a well-rounded Mechanical Engineer

We create revolutionary, new,
recreation-transportation products. We are a
company that values idealism, entrepreneurship
and innovation and a combination of intensity, purpose and having fun.

Role: Design, simulate and test mechanical
components and integrate them into complete vehicles.

The ideal candidate will be a very talented,
creative, capable hands-on engineer who is
excited about joining an interdisciplinary team
that is revolutionizing boardsports and transportation and shipping product.
Key responsibilities + expectations:
• Design enclosures, hhousings, mechanisms and electromechanical components.
• Validatee, test, and iterate on existing
mechanical and electromechanical systems.
• Identify and work with domestic and overseas
vendors for manufaacturing quotes, sourcing components, quality assurance, etc.
• WWork with EE team for integration of PCBAs, connectors and wire harnesses
• Document and prepare drawing packages for internal/external usess.

Experience + Qualifications:
• BS or MS in meechanical engineering.
• Electromechanical (electric vehicle,
mecchatronics, etc.) background a very strong plus.
• Hands-on protootyping/machine shop experience
• Experience with design and docuumentation for a
variety of manufacturing processes, including
injection molding, casting, sheet metal.
• Experience in the outdoor industryy (bikes,
snowboards, skateboards, etc) a strong plus
• Manufactuuring/DFM experience a significant plus.
• Experience taking prodduct to market strongly preferred.
• Excellent CAD (Solidworks) pproficiency.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills..

We're looking for a creative and forward-thinking
engineer who shares our vision for this company
and our willingness to work extremely hard, in a
start-up environment, to bring that vision to
life. Do you have a track record of solving
complex engineering challenges and delivering
outstanding products? Do you build, tinker, hack,
and create in your spare time? Are you obsessively attentive to detail?

The job is based in our westside Santa Cruz, CA
location just half a mile from the beach!

To apply for the position, please submit a cover
letter that mentions why you would be a great fit
for this role along with your resume. Due to the
number of applications, we may not be able to contact everyone directly.

Submit application to: <mailto:careers_at_onewheel.com>careers_at_onewheel.com

Future Motion Inc. agrees with Stanford's employer recruiting guidelines.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.