job_072617a: Senior Electrical Product Designer, Stanley Black & Decker (Towson, MD)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 06:31:48 -0700

Who are we?
We are a small and agile innovation team who
believe in missions greater than ourselves.
Infrastructure forms the foundation for our
community, it’s where we live, play and work. Now
more than ever, we have the opportunity to make a
lasting contribution. By questioning traditional
thinking to see, hear and understand problems
with new perspectives, we can solve the world’s
greatest infrastructure challenges.
Armed with this mandate and backed by the
resources of a rapidly growing $12B company, this
team will have full autonomy to brainstorm,
ideate, prototype and develop far reaching solutions.
We are excited to be looking for independent doers to join us on our mission.

What will you be doing?
• Ideas! Ideas! Ideas! Propose ideas small & big that might solve a problem
• Build functioning prototypes of said ideas and
go out and test them with actual users, these
prototypes can be hardware, software, services or a combination
• Listen to the user and refine prototypes for repeated field testing
• Leverage extensive company resources to ideate
quickly and as frequently as needed until the right solution emerges
• Participate in research / need finding to
arrive at concrete and robust problem statements
• Dive into new, unfamiliar fields and quickly
absorb the fundamentals to drive brainstorming and further insights

Who are we looking for?
Someone who:
• Can embrace a tight knit culture and have our backs.
• Likes to dream big, but can focus to get stuff done.
• Can exhibit passion and drive to tackle bold initiatives.
• Adaptable to rapidly changing environments and work flows.
• Expert at building all things electrical with their hands.
• Deep experience implementing IoT, machine
learning, digital processing, power electronics and more.
• Can demonstrate independently imagining a
product, designing it and prototyping it.
• Experienced with modern electrical design and test software tools.
• Can quickly articulate ideas visually, this can
be through 3D modeling, 2D rendering, sketch, or other means.
• Able to effectively pitch ideas and presentations to leadership.
• Thrives in a small dynamic environments wearing different hats.
• Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or
design a plus but interdisciplinary degrees welcome.
• Experience in infrastructure industry
(electricity, water, rail, road, heavy tools etc) a plus.
• Computer programming in Phyton, C, and PIC a plus.
• Mechanical aptitude a plus.

Application instructions
• REQUIRED: In addition to a resume, please
include photographs, web links, short
descriptions of physical products or items you
have built, both inside the office and out. Show
us your creativity and hands on ability.

Relocation Packages to Towson, MD Available

Please contact Harry Zhong _at_
<mailto:harry.zhong2_at_sbdinc.com>harry.zhong2_at_sbdinc.com

Harry Zhong | Technical Lead
Infrastructure Innovation | Stanley Black & Decker

[]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.

2e6a5812.png
(image/png attachment: 2e6a5812.png)