job_091817a: Construction App Product Development Consultant, Lynk (Nairobi / Kenya)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 11:36:47 -0700

We're on a mission to elevate the careers and
livelihoods of millions of blue collar
professionals, artisans, and other informal
workers through the use of technology. Join us.

ABOUT LYNK:
Lynk is a startup which builds technology to
connect blue collar workers in Kenya - from
carpenters to cleaners - to jobs. In June 2017,
we were awarded three of the four prizes by the
Global Center for Youth Employment in NYC, for
the most promising solution to youth unemployment
globally. Our suite of products seeks to satisfy
a breadth of consumer needs, which provide
multiple channels to increased incomes for workers:
- Lynk Requests: A marketplace product enabling
customers to request services in over 75
categories from cleaners, to masseuses, to
plumbers, and tailors, and receive shortlisted bids.
- Lynk Discover: An e-commerce product enabling
workers on the platform to sell ready-to-buy products or services.
- Byld: A tech-based platform for the recruitment
and management of workers on large construction sites.

ABOUT BYLD:
Byld is new product being launched by Lynk,
enabling employers to recruit and manage large
amounts of workers on building and construction
sites. It seeks to provide a career identity for
workers, whose profiles grow over time through
the jobs they do. Byld has the potential to
increase the regularity of work and incomes for
the millions of informal workers in the
construction sector across Africa, while
improving productivity for construction firms.
The product has applicability beyond the
construction sector too, and we have interest
from a number of companies in using the
underlying technology for the recruitment and management of day labourers.

ABOUT THE CONSULTANCY:
Lynk recently agreed on a partnership to pilot
the Byld platform in Kenya, and is seeking a
Consultant to spearhead the pilot, product
development and business model. This consultancy
has a high chance of transitioning into a
fulltime role if the consultancy/pilots go well.

CONSULTANCY ACTIVITIES:
- Recruit an assistant to support in consultancy activities.
- Work with Lynk's in-house construction team to
adapt the existing prototype for practical rollout
- Work with engineering team to develop live app
v1: Based on feedback from above, ensure that app
v1 contains the right features & UX.
- Test App on Lynk-managed construction sites, and iterate.
- Lead partnership with partner(s) to adapt Byld
product for external partnerships.
- Design & manage partner pilot: Design modality
for pilot & questions to answer.
- Oversee the on-the-ground piloting, which
maintain strong partnerships with the pilot
partner while providing valuable insights into the product.
- App enhancement: Based off pilot(s), work with
engineering team to implement adjustments to the app for change.
- Business model development: Flesh out business
model canvas and propose pricing and operational model for Byld product.
- Relationship mapping & development: Identify
further partnerships to grow the Byld initiative.

IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- MBA (or related field: Social Enterprise, Human-Centered Design, etc.).
- Entrepreneurial personality / self-starter –
able to take responsibility andd undertake tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience conducting market research, product
design, and/or business modeling in Kenya.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of construction sector a major plus.
- Flexible work attitude: ability to multi-task
in a fast-paced and quickly evolving work environment.

More about us:
At Lynk we make it easier for households and
businesses to connect with high quality
professionals. Currently we have verified
professionals in over 75 categories ranging from
cleaners, to masseuses, to plumbers, and tailors.
Through the use of technology we unlock important
career tools such as digital profiles, product
galleries, customer reviews, and more.
As a company, we're a tight-knit and
highly-collaborative team of developers,
hustlers, planners, and doers. We provide the
freedom and tools necessary for people to be
comfortable and successful in their work and in
return expect high performance and a culture of
excellence. We value ambition, curiosity, candor
and most of all an uncontrollable desire to create amazing things.

To apply:
Send a CV to <mailto:jobs_at_lynk.co.ke>jobs_at_lynk.co.ke

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.