job_091217a: Firmware Engineer, Otto LLC, San Mateo CA

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 16:04:59 -0700

>We're looking for ME218 alums. Apply here:
><https://boards.greenhouse.io/otto/jobs/553645#.WadMyZOGPUI>https://boards.greenhouse.io/otto/jobs/553645#.WadMyZOGPUI
>

>Firmware Engineer
>

>at Otto <https://boards.greenhouse.io/otto>(View all jobs)
>HQ
>About Us
>
>Otto was founded to reimagine home access and the relationship
>between people and spaces. Four years of research, design,
>engineering and testing went into creating the company's flagship
>product. The result is the most secure and nd advanced digital lock
>for your home. We're committedted to creating experiences that make
>people's lives mo more open, more secure and more connected.
>
>Our team celebrates diversity and collaboration. We're athletes,
>artists, outdotdoor enthusiasts, pilots, and musicians. We're a
>learnarning organization that rewards creativity and courage as we
>push the boundaries of what's possible. Otto is backed by Greylock
>Pk Partners with headquarters in San Mateo, CA.
>The Role
>
>You will use your passion for embedded software to help build our
>first revolutionary product for the smart home. You'll be joining a
>small, dynamic team that is be responsible for designing,
>developing, and testing embedded software. As an early employee at a
>rapidly growing startup you'll have the opportunity to influence our
>first product and create the best experience you can imagine.
>
>Responsibilities
> * You'll build new embedded software modules to improve our codebase
> * You'll collaborate with electrical and mechanical engineers to
> create tightly integrated hardware features
> * You'll work with mobile and cloud software engineers to build
> a truly connected product
> * You'll learn about new technologies, from sensors to wireless,
> to create an amazing customer experience
> * You'll review your teammate's code and have your code reviewed
> to encourage consistent excellence and shared knowledge
>
>Requirements
> * Strong C and operating system fundamentals such as threading,
> abstraction, and memory management
> * Experience developing device drivers using hardware interfaces
> such as SPI, I2C, and UART
> * Experience bringing up hardware platforms using tools such as
> JTAG, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers
> * Comfortable with hardware datasheets, schematics, and layout
> * Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
> * Self awareness and a desire to improve your skills
>Bonus Points
>Experience with ARM Cortex-M processors
>Experience with a Real-time Operating System such as FreeRTOS or ThreadX
>Experience with Bluetooth LE
>Experience with Wi-Fi and TCP/IP
>Experience with manufacturing abroad
>Experience with automated and unit testing
>Academic background in computer science, computer engineering, or
>electrical engineering (BSc or MSc)
> [...]

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.