job_080218a: Product Design Engineer, Owl Cameras, Inc. (Palo Alto, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2018 15:49:33 -0700

Job Title: Product Design Engineer

Company Description
At Owl Cameras, we love cars and the people that
are in them. We are passionate about building
devices and services to make the roads more
secure, civil and fun for everyone. Our 50 person
team is located in Palo Alto, CA and has created
products with $50B in sales, at places like
Apple, Dropcam, Fitbit, and Microsoft, and we are
backed by some of the world’s largest venture capital firms.

Job Description
Responsibilities:
    * Design new parts from initial concept to volume production
    * Demonstrate creative and critical thinking
skills in the face of complex design tradeoffs and rapid development cycles.
    * Collaborate with EE, SW, Marketing,
Customer Service to create best design.
    * Help source critical mechanical and optical components.
    * Integrate electrical and optical components into design.
    * Create MCO's for EE and optical components
    * Rapid realization, testing & iteration of
designs using 3D printing and machining
    * Review and assemble first article parts
    * Attend builds to insure design is properly assembled.
Qualifications
Required Skills/Experience:
    * Strong Technical skills
    * BS/MS in Mechanical engineering or Product Design
    * Proficient in CAD, ideally SolidWorks
    * 4+ years experience designing parts and complex systems
    * Solid Engineering analysis skills: thermal calcs, plastic snap fits
    * Experience with manufacturing process such
as injection molding, MIM Sintering, and CNC.
    * Experience designing & shipping 1st generation products at startups
    * Experience working with OEM/ODM partners in Asia
    * Experience developing SOP, Rel Tests,
verification testing of mechanical parts and assemblies.
    * Working knowledge of using FEA tools such
as ANSYS or SolidWorks Simulation.
    * Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and
tolerancing and performing statistical tolerance analysis
    * Ability to travel to builds

Extra Credit:
Chinese language skills
Local Bay Area knowledge of machine shops and rapid prototyping vendors

You have an equal shot at Owl. Owl is an equal opportunity employer.

In addition to resume, please send pictures or
links to things you've designed or built.

Please contact:
<mailto:Lynette_at_owlcam.com>Lynette_at_owlcam.com

Note: Owl agrees with Stanford's employer recruiting guidelines

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.