job_021219a: Engineering Intern, Bolt (San Francisco, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 07:07:58 -0800

ENGINEERING INTERN - San Francisco, CA

Bolt is a San Francisco and Boston-based Venture Capital firm that
focuses on pre-seed, pre-product companies, often writing founders
their first check. Our portfolio is a mix of consumer, enterprise,
and industrial companies. Bolt companies leverage our office space,
prototyping lab, and full-time engineering team to get to a position
of strength for further fundraising. We are seeking a talented and
driven intern to join the Engineering team for the Summer of 2019.
This is a paid internship.

The Job: The Engineering Intern will assist the Engineering team with
hardware prototyping, product design, and the development of
shareable content that both inspires and educates others.

Responsibilities:

-Fabricate product prototypes by utilizing our onsite 2,500 sq. ft.
prototyping workshop, which includes tools such as CNC machines,
vinyl cutters, 3d printers, mills, a lathe, a laser cutter, a full
electronics lab and much more.
-Assist in the development of content to share externally. This may
include blog posts, Instagram posts, or other content that documents
product development.
-Assist the engineering team in developing educational or
inspirational content that improves the community in our SF office.
This may include one-pagers about how to use various equipment in the
shop, for example.
-As needed, assist with mechanical or electrical design.

Qualifications & Skills:

Required:
-Current or recently graduated Engineering student.
-Available to work full-time in San Francisco for the Summer of 2019.
-Strong communication and interpersonal skills. You will be working
with professionals who have a wide variety of roles, including
technical CEOs, software engineers, investors and designers.
-Experience writing blog posts or educational content for technical
products or projects.
-Self-driven, has a talent to find problems and add value given only
a bit of guidance.
-A desire to learn about what it takes to develop hardware products
in the startup ecosystem.

Preferred:
-Experience working with tools such as soldering irons, 3D Printers
and Laser Cutters.

Perks:

-Work with and learn from a world-class team of Investors, Industrial
Designers, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers.
-Get exposure to a huge variety of startup companies that work on a
range of products, including: A new type of charcoal grill, Cubesats
(some of which are currently on the ISS), Medical devices, Enterprise
seismic monitoring devices
-Work and build in our Prototyping Workshop, which includes tools
such as CNC machines, vinyl cutters, 3D printers, mills, a lathe, a
laser cutter, a full electronics lab, reliability tools, wood tools and more.

Contact:

Eric Weinhoffer - <mailto:eric_at_bolt.io>eric_at_bolt.io
Or apply directly at
<https://bolt.breezy.hr/p/545690268aa7>https://bolt.breezy.hr/p/545690268aa7

Kristin Burns
Manager
Mechanical Engineering Design Group
Stanford University, Bldg 550 Rm 153, MC4021
Stanford, CA 94305-2203

phone 650-723-4288
fax 650-723-3521

<http://design.stanford.edu>