job_082719c: Embedded Software/Firmware - Intern, Matician (Palo Alto, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 13:32:01 -0700

About Us

There are products that customers think are cool
at the moment, and then there are products that
customers cannot live without because they are so
incredibly useful. At Matician, we are building
the latter because these are the products worth
spending our lives on. We want to build great products to solve real problems.

We believe that sensors and algorithms are
finally good enough to reimagine home devices and
apply Level 5 autonomy and mobility so that
people can save time and energy bypassing
repetitive and mundane tasks inside the home.

We're a small team with a singular focus on
product that combines technologies such as
vision, ML, structure-from-motion, and robotics.
Our goal is to ship products that people love.

Job Description

Computer/Electrical Engineering Student to join
our early core team in the process of receiving a
BS/BEng or MS/MEng or related discipline.

We are looking for someone who is:

    * An out-of-box thinker and doer, unafraid of
solving really-hard-problems, and willing to do
whatever it takes to ship extremely useful products.
    * Curious, asks lots of questions, challenges
conventional wisdoms, and doesn’t shy from contrarian opinions/approaches.
    * Sees around the corner and proactively
identifies and mitigates long-range risks.
    * Someone who prioritizes user needs, functionality, and usefulness.
    * Detail-oriented and has pride in their work.

Qualifications

    * Experience in embedded systems and
microcontroller programming (ARM preferred)
    * Experience with C and C++ programming for microcontrollers
    * Knowledge of serial communication protocols
such as UART, SPI, I2C, RS485/RS422, RS232, and CAN
    * Practical experience troubleshooting custom
microcontroller PCBA firmware and debugging complex systems
    * Knowledge of linear and non-linear control
techniques such as PID/LQR//LQE/LQG a plus
    * Experience in hardware bring-up, reading
schematics and using oscilloscopes
    * Excellent verbal and written communication skills
    * Experience running hands-on experiments and testing
    * Experience with digital signal processing and sensor algorithms a plus
    * Experience with Linux kernel and software a plus
    * Ability to work in a fast-paced,
autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere

Responsibilities

    * Collaborate with the HW, SW, and Algorithms
team to bring product vision to life
    * Create, modify, and update firmware code for our custom hardware
    * Develop tests and procedures for firmware validation and integration
    * Develop high-level and low-level control systems
    * Integrate and tune control systems for custom hardware
    * Troubleshoot and fix electrical and
firmware bugs on PCBAs and in electromechanical assemblies

Apply here:
<https://matician.com/jobs.html>https://matician.com/jobs.html

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.