job_082719b: Electrical Engineer, Matician (Palo Alto, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 13:31:36 -0700

About Us

There are products that customers think are cool
at the moment, and then there are products that
customers cannot live without because they are so
incredibly useful. At Matician, we are building
the latter because these are the products worth
spending our lives on. We want to build great products to solve real problems.

We believe that sensors and algorithms are
finally good enough to reimagine home devices and
apply Level 5 autonomy and mobility so that
people can save time and energy bypassing
repetitive and mundane tasks inside the home.

We're a small team with a singular focus on
product that combines technologies such as
vision, ML, structure-from-motion, and robotics.
Our goal is to ship products that people love.

Job Description

Electrical Engineer to join our early core team
with BS/BEng or MS/MEng or related discipline.

We are looking for someone who is:

    * An out-of-box thinker and doer, unafraid of
solving really-hard-problems, and willing to do
whatever it takes to ship extremely useful products.
    * Curious, asks lots of questions, challenges
conventional wisdoms, and doesn’t shy from contrarian opinions/approaches.
    * Sees around the corner and proactively
identifies and mitigates long-range risks.
    * Someone who prioritizes user needs, functionality, and usefulness.
    * Detail-oriented and has pride in their work.

Qualifications

    * Strong knowledge of electrical fundamentals and mixed signal circuitry
    * Experience with common digital protocols, including I2C, SPI, USB, MIPI
    * Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout
    * Experience with component selection
    * Experience with power electronics, DC
motors, inverters, ESCs, and control theory a plus
    * Experience with kernel and embedded software development bring up a plus
    * Experience with high speed board design a plus
    * Exposure to regulatory certification processes
    * Excellent verbal and written communication skills
    * Ability to work in a fast-paced,
autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
    * Supply chain management and PCBA contract
manufacturing experience a plus

Responsibilities

    * Collaborate with the HW, SW, and Algorithms
team to bring product vision to life
    * Board layout of PCB assemblies including
SoCs, microcontrollers, rugged connectors, sensors, power devices, etc.
    * Assist in board bringup and debug any potential issues that come up
    * Minimize package volume and mass and maximizing reliability.
    * Subsystem design and prototyping, schematic
capture, prototype bring-up and debugging,
hardware bug tracking, functional verification and signal characterization.
    * Electromechanical integration through
collaboration with mechanical engineers
    * Create clear and readable schematics for electrical designs
    * Component selection for best performance/price ratio
    * Write requirements, participate in DFMEAs,
create and carry out test and validation plans.
    * Work with contract manufacturers to ensure
quality control and functional correctness of PCBAs
    * Support through production and testing

Apply here:
<https://matician.com/jobs.html>https://matician.com/jobs.html

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.