job_021220b: Electrical Integration Engineer, Zoox (Foster City, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 18:27:34 -0800

<https://jobs.lever.co/zoox/dfa6ce61-ca03-459b-8f1d-1395da411a4a>Electrical
Integration Engineer
Work Location: Foster City, CA
Send resumes to <mailto:mrudolph_at_zoox.com>mrudolph_at_zoox.com

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6L-wu-nssM>Software
Engineering at Zoox (Two minute YouTube video)

The Hardware Software Integration team at
<http://zoox.com/>Zoox is responsible for
ensuring various hardware subsystems work
reliably on our vehicle platform on a day-to-day
basis. As an Electrical Integration Engineer,
you will oversee the deployment of
next-generation compute, sensor and data
networking systems for autonomous vehicles.
Candidates should have a solid
software/networking background as well as
knowledge of lower-level hardware (PCBs).

This role is essential and fundamental to the
execution stage of the vehicle program, ensuring
that hardware systems operate predictably at all
times. This team is the first line of defense for
any issues with our vehicle fleet. They spend
more time working hands-on with our autonomous
vehicles than almost anyone else at Zoox. If you
want to expand your knowledge of autonomous systems, this is the team for you.

Responsibilities
    * Assist the Hardware Software Integration
team in supporting various autonomous vehicle platforms
    * Cross-functional work to help characterize
of vehicle functionality, features and behaviors
    * On-call support for autonomous vehicle
missions as the first responder to new HW/SW issues
    * Work with Software SREs (Site Reliability
Engineers) to improve supporting infrastructure
    * Data and metric gathering, feeding back
data to validate theories or models
    * Develop new processes and human workflows to improve fleet stability
    * Work with cross-functional teams to solve
system-level coexistence issues

Qualifications
    * Bachelor’s degree in
Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
    * Networking and Operating Systems background essential
    * Excellent project management and organizational skills
    * Strong experience with in Ubuntu and other UNIX systems
    * Experience with reading circuit schematics and working with PCBs
    * Knowledge of electrical characterization
equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers… etc)
Bonus Qualifications

    * Experience with RF and EMI characterization, or Mechatronics experience
    * Experience with environmental testing (vibration and thermal)
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation
to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know
that diverse perspectives foster the innovation
we need to be successful, and we are committed to
building a team that encompasses a variety of
backgrounds, experiences, and skills.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.