job_021220c: Software Engineer - Motion Planning, Zoox (Foster City, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 18:30:53 -0800

<https://jobs.lever.co/zoox/7dd45151-9d8a-45a4-bb33-86fb88c1995d>Software
Engineer - Motion Planning
Work Location: Foster City, CA
Send resumes to <mailto:Brandon_at_zoox.com>Brandon_at_zoox.com

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6L-wu-nssM>Software
Engineering at Zoox (Two minute YouTube video)

Decision making and motion planning are the
primary responsibilities of mobile robots. Taking
input from a variety of perception and
localization systems, the planner's job is to
figure out where the robot is going and how to
get there safely. You should be passionate about
developing planning architectures and working on
motion planning algorithms for dynamic
environments. We're looking for an engineer with
an advanced degree and experience building
real-time motion planning / trajectory generation
algorithms for robots in uncertain environments.

Qualifications
    * Masters degree in computer science or related field
    * Fluency in C / C++
    * Understanding of configuration spaces and a
variety of planning techniques (A*, D*, RRTs, etc.)
    * Demonstrated ability to create realtime motion planning algorithms
    * Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
    * Strong mathematics and geometrical skills
Bonus Qualifications
    * Significant contributions to geometric-
and/or sampling-based planning algorithms
    * Experience with autonomous robots
    * Knowledge of computer vision techniques and machine learning
    * Experience with pose estimation, SLAM,
probabilistic filtering, and 3D data
    * Solid understanding of ROS
About Zoox

Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully
autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting
ecosystem required to bring this technology to
market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial
intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to
provide the next generation of
mobility-as-a-service in urban environments.
We’re looking for top talent that shares our
passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and
highly execution-oriented team.

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/zoox-inc/>Follow us on LinkedIn

A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation
to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know
that diverse perspectives foster the innovation
we need to be successful, and we are committed to
building a team that encompasses a variety of
backgrounds, experiences, and skills.

--
Potential applicants should communicate directly