job_060420c: Robotics Residency ME, Matician, Palo Alto, CA

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:54:10 -0700

Matician, Inc. Agrees with Stanford's employer recruiting guidelines.

About Us
There are products that customers think are cool at the moment, and
then there are products that customers cannot live without because
they are so incredibly useful. At Matician, we are building the
latter because these are the products worth spending our lives on. We
want to build great products to solve real problems.
We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough to
reimagine home devices and apply Level 5 autonomy and mobility so
that people can save time and energy bypassing repetitive and mundane
tasks inside the home.
We're a small team with a singular focus on product that combines
technologies such as vision, ML, structure-from-motion, and robotics.
Our goal is to ship products that people love.

About the Program
Our Hardware Robotics Residency is a one-year product-focused
engineering position where you will develop, build and optimize
robots that will actually be used by consumers. You'll play an
integral role in not just in developing and building robots, but also
in product development, patents and other aspects of building a
company from the ground up. Unlike other residency programs that
focus just on conducting research and publication, our program places
heavy emphasis on the process of refining and engineering the
research into a product that people can buy.

We'd love to hear from you if:
You are genuinely motivated to help those around you, including users
at various levels of experience.
You are passionate about tackling large complex projects and are
adaptable to learning outside your normal comfort zones.
You love diagnosing complex technical issues and providing hands-on
support for hardware and software solutions.
Your curiosity to learn and grow is inversely proportional to your
level of ego.
You are excited to do great work.

Eligibility Requirements
Willingness to take risks
Enjoys cleaning and organizing
For international candidates without work authorization in USA, they
must be graduating prior to the start of the residency for J-1 visa
Completed coursework in calculus, linear algebra, and/or their equivalent

Qualifications
Strong CAD Skills (1+ years) - Solidworks preferred
Knowledge of physics and mechanical engineering analysis for parts
and subsystems
Ability to validate designs and with rapid iterative prototyping
Comfortability with thermal and fluid analysis
Ability to work in a fast-paced, autonomously driven, and demanding
start-up atmosphere.

Contact Email: Jobs_at_Matician.com
--
Cheers,