PM/Manufacturing Internship at Medical Device Startup

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 09:25:04 -0700

We are a student team with funding from Stanford Medical and Business
Schools (not yet an established firm). We agree with Stanford's
employer recruiting guidelines.

We're a medical device startup looking for an energetic and mission
driven Product Manager Intern for this summer who is passionate about
bridging gaps in global medical technology. You'll play an
instrumental role working with our team to bring a part of a medical
scope from prototype to small-scale production! This position is a
combination of product management, product engineering and
design-for-manufacturability.

Location: Remote
Dates: 11 consecutive weeks in June-October
Stipend: $480 per week
Hours per week: full time, 40hs/week, work hours to be set prior to start date
Weekly deliverables: to be set prior to start date. You'll have a
daily check-in with a team-member, and you'll present your weekly
deliverables at the team's weekly meeting.
Performance Snapshot: Completed at mid-point and on final day

Please send application to Anna at
<mailto:annavonw_at_stanford.edu>annavonw_at_stanford.edu and include your
resume as PDF. A Reference or Letter of Recommendation will be
requested following initial review.

You are:
- Current Stanford student (minimum junior year undergraduate;
graduate or PhD preferred) or recent Stanford grad (< 2 yrs since
grad); Stanford affiliation is a funding requirement
- Passionate about designing affordable and meaningful products
- Problem-solver; excited about challenges
- Detail-oriented
- Preferably with experience in one or more of the following (through
a job, internship, class, etc): medical devices or optics / photonics / imaging

About us: Scopi is a low-cost diagnostic endoscope. We started out in
Stanford's Design for Extreme Affordability class, and are now funded
by research grants, angel investors, and a medical device
accelerator. You'll be working on a subassembly of the prototype that
includes lenses and image sensors. We are excited to begin
small-scale manufacturing as we move towards FDA testing, and bring
this device to the market, including low resource areas.

You will be responsible for:
- Creating detailed and easy to follow assembly / work instructions
- Preliminary bench testing
- Working with Engineering team to prioritize and track design changes
- Coordinating small-scale manufacturing (Manufacturer already
identified and approved)
- Depending on your interests, we'll add additional tasks in:
patenting, FDA/CE mark approval, customer survey/interviews, PCB
design, or processor coding.

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.