job_081220a: Embedded Systems Engineer, Lager Data (San Diego, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 08:57:17 -0700

Lager Data, Inc. agrees with Stanford's employer recruiting guidelines.

Embedded Systems Engineer

Lager is looking for an experienced embedded systems engineer to help
as we completely re-imagine what testing and debugging looks and
feels like for embedded developers. The most important thing we're
looking for in a candidate is someone who has felt the pain of poor
testing tools, has experienced the consequences of inadequate testing
(e.g. delayed schedules, over budget projects, buggy product
launches, or gasp, product recalls) and wants to use those negative
experiences as motivation to radically improve the status quo. In
short, we want someone who is 100% aligned with our mission to build
world class tools in service to the next generation of embedded engineers.

Responsibilities

This role will require an engineer who can effectively transition
quickly between different responsibilities on a weekly or even daily
basis. At a high level your responsibilities will be to:
1. Work with the software team to create comprehensive test plans for
new product features this is important because as a testing
plattform, there can be no doubt in our users' mind about the
reliability of our product. Who will watch the watchmen? You will.

2. Communicate closely with our customers, understand their evolving
needs, and translate that into product improvements and/or features.
We are committed to making our customers feel special and we believe
that starts with the special relationship our engineers have with our
customers.

3. Define and implement the system architecture for the Lager
hardware. This will be focused mostly on EE(e.g. schematic capture,
board layout, etc). However, managing mechanical
consultants/contractors and overseeing enclosure builds will also be required.

Experience

We believe the right candidate will have experience in some (but not
necessarily all) of the following areas:
Continuous Integration systems for firmware development
Embedded C
Make and CMake
PCB design and layout
Test automation
Test equipment (scopes, logic analyzers, debug probes, host
emulators, power supplies)

About Lager

Lager is a small but growing early stage startup focused on
transforming testing and debugging for embedded engineers. We have a
technically diverse team with decades of experience in mechatronics,
web design and full stack engineering. By joining you will be part of
an extremely smart, enthusiastic, and caring team.

Although we are currently a 100% distributed team, because this role
involves physical hardware, we do have a strong preference for
candidates in the San Diego area, which is where most of our hardware
currently lives. However, given the current state of the world, that
is negotiable.

If you're interested in applying please reach out at
<mailto:hiring_at_lagerdata.com>hiring_at_lagerdata.com

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.