job_071621a: Powertrain Mechanical Engineering Internship, Joby Aviation (San Carlos, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 20:16:06 +0000

Joby Aviation Powertrain Mechanical Engineering Internship
Joby Aviation has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Joby is looking for talented Mechanical Engineering students to intern on the Powertrain and Electronics team in San Carlos, California! We are a fun and dynamic group designing the custom motors, batteries, and other power electronics that will go into production and power our S4 eVTOL aircraft (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wbFw165ar0).
If you are passionate about clean energy, cutting edge electric powertrains, advanced aerospace engineering, and/or solving really challenging and rewarding problems, look no further. Our year round program will set you up to grow both technically and personally by giving you responsibility and ownership over projects that are critical to the success of our team. Projects will be hands-on through designing, building, and testing flight hardware. You will be asked to come up with creative solutions, work collaboratively with engineers and external suppliers, and help make decisions that will affect the outcome of our aircraft.
Interested? Please send a resume, a link to a portfolio, 1 brief paragraph about what excites you about this opportunity, and internship availability to jobs_at_jobyaviation.com<mailto:jobs_at_jobyaviation.com> with "Powertrain ME Intern" in the subject line.
Desired:

  * A rising junior or older working towards an B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant discipline
  * Excellent problem solving skills
  * Strong engineering knowledge and instincts
  * Strong communication and social skills
  * Proficiency in computer aided design (CAD) and engineering drawing creation
  * Hands-on attitude and machine shop skills
  * Internship length of at least 10 weeks

Joby agrees with Stanford's employer recruiting guidelines.

[Image removed by sender.]

Michael Tucker

Mechanical Engineer

Stanford B.S. '18, M.S. '19

Joby Aviation

980 Industrial Road

San Carlos, CA 94070

michael.tucker_at_jobyaviation.com<mailto:michael.tucker_at_jobyaviation.com>

jobyaviation.com<http://jobyaviation.com/>

~WRD0001.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: _WRD0001.jpg)