job_091621a: Senior Mechanical Engineer, FYTO Inc. (Petaluma, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 19:37:01 +0000

FYTO Inc. agrees with Stanford's Employer Recruiting Guidelines:

Senior Mechanical Engineer

Fulltime Position

Located in Sonoma & Marin Counties, California

About FYTO

FYTO is a VC-backed startup building a world-class team dedicated to improving the world through climate-smart, high-tech agriculture. We grow unique aquatic plants through innovative automated processes to generate high quality feed, food, and fertilizer products with a dramatically lower carbon footprint. The company’s patent-pending technology produces nutrient-dense ingredients using much less energy, water, land, labor, and fertilizer than conventional choices. Our company launched out of MIT in 2019 and is growing its team (and crops) in Northern California.

About the Role

We are seeking an experienced, well-rounded Senior Mechanical Engineer that is motivated to design and build systems and machines to improve the global food system. As a key member of our Engineering team, you will own the buildout of mechanical systems from concept to assembly. You will work closely with our team of engineers, scientists, and production managers to guide the company’s vision of autonomous, sustainable protein production. This is an amazing opportunity to be a major contributor within an exciting company on a trajectory to decarbonize agriculture and improve food security.

What you’ll do

· Design and develop mechanical systems from concept to practice, including specification development, 3D CAD, early-stage prototyping, drawing reviews, final assembly, commissioning and field testing.

· Lead scale-up efforts and strategies for the production and commercialization of Fyto’s robotic systems

· Work with external manufacturers, contractors, and vendors to make your designs a reality

· Collaborate with biologists and end-users to determine machine requirements and implement practical and innovative solutions

Your required qualifications

· Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering

· 5+ years of relevant professional experience

· Relevant computer skills, including CAD (preferably Solidworks), numerical modeling, and MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, and Word)

· Demonstrated ability to develop hardware from concepts to functional systems

· Have a valid driver’s license and good driving record

· Quick learner who is flexible, motivated, and able to thrive in a startup environment

Physical activity requirements

· Walk across a variety of terrains, including uneven surfaces

· Climb, jump, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch and install equipment

· Stand for extended time periods

· Lift and carry up to 25 lbs.

· Work in conditions with varying humidity, sunlight and temperatures (32°– 95° depending on the season)

FYTO is committed to equal opportunity and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. FYTO does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its recruitment processes and employment practices.

To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to hello_at_fyto.us<mailto:hello_at_fyto.us>

Thanks,

JP

--
Jason Prapas | CEO | www.fyto.us<http://www.fyto.us>