job_111821a: Microfluidcs Engineer, Scribe Bioscences (San Francisco/Berkeley CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 18:44:37 +0000

Scribe Biosciences agrees with Stanford's employer recruitment policy.

Contact:
ian.walton_at_scribebiosciences.com<mailto:ian.walton_at_scribebiosciences.com>

Scribe Biosciences is an early-phase, venture-funded, San Francisco/Berkeley-based biotech start-up whose mission is to accelerate immunotherapy discoveries. We are looking for an ambitious, detail-oriented and multi-disciplined engineer to help build and commercialize a novel microfluidics technology (and associated consumables) from the ground up. We seek a collaborative professional who can adapt and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This position will have the opportunity to be involved in scientific discussions, learn a variety of microfluidic and chemistry techniques, and grow as the company scales.
Job Requirements/Desired Experience

• Design and testing of microfluidic consumables and instruments

• Run detailed experiments using Scribe fluid control and detection hardware

• Must have a multi-disciplinary approach and be able to apply knowledge of biology, chemistry, and engineering.

• Product development experience with molded fluidics consumables, both micro and macro a plus

• Design and fabrication using soft lithography a plus

• Must be able to execute projects at multiple phases including proof-of-concept, feasibility, specification, optimization, verification, and validation.

• Must have strong data analysis skills

• Ability to write SOPs, technical reports, and work under minimum supervision.

• Other responsibilities may be assigned as required

Qualifications and Skills

1. B.S./M.S. in engineering, bioengineering physics or chemistry and 5+ years’ experience

2. PhD in engineering, bioengineering, physics or chemistry and 2+ years’ experience

3. Demonstrated experience working with microfluidics

4. Strong working knowledge of Solidworks a must

5. Prior experience working in industry a plus

6. Analytical tools Matlab, Python, Mathematica etc. a plus

7. Highly disciplined and a self-starter

Due to the current business challenges posed by the pandemic, applicants must be willing to adopt a flexible work schedule depending on need.
Compensation
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, and health benefits.
We are a company that values employee growth and learning and as such this position will be expected to grow in responsibility and scope as the company scales. Participation in scientific discussions, troubleshooting, and review is also expected.
We value diversity of personal identity, experience, and thought. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.