job_021122a: Foundry Summer Internship (Menlo Park, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 14:41:34 +0000

The Foundry agrees with Stanford's employer recruiting guidelines

The Foundry, the Bay Area's premier medical technology incubator, is taking applications for its 2022 Summer Internship Program. We are looking to recruit and inspire the next generation of medical technology developers and entrepreneurs. We believe that a range of perspectives makes us better at understanding and analyzing problems and developing creative solutions. Accordingly, we encourage applications from those with diverse backgrounds and life experiences, including those from groups which are underrepresented in health technology. Here are the specifics:

Program:
- This is a paid summer internship that will run from mid-June 2022 to mid-August 2022* at our facility in Menlo Park. Interns are responsible for obtaining their own housing and transportation to/from the facility.
- Interns will have work assignments with at least one of our three portfolio companies. Responsibilities will vary, and may include a wide range of projects, including but not limited to designing test and assembly fixtures, developing and documenting experiments, and participating in brainstorms and pre-clinical lab studies.
- Each intern will be assigned a mentor and will have regular access to The Foundry's executive leadership.
- There will be programming throughout the summer related to topics on medtech entrepreneurship, innovation, intellectual property, product development and fundraising as well as social events.

Qualifications:
Students pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in an engineering or life sciences discipline. For undergraduate student applicants, preference will be given to those who will have completed at least two years by the summer of 2022.

Location:
Menlo Park, CA

Please submit resume and cover letter via email to SummerInternship_at_thefoundry.com by no later than February 21, 2022.