job_021122b: Amazon Grand Challenge Positions (Bay Area, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 21:38:37 +0000

Amazon agrees with Stanford’s employer recruiting guidelines

I’m staffing up a project here at Amazon to create a game-changing technology in the Grand Challenge group. I’m currently looking for one or two experienced full-time mechatronics hires for the team, which will be based here in the Bay Area. Of course, the 218-Alumni and 218-Coaches lists are the go-to spots for finding top-quality mechatronics engineers, so here we are!

I can’t say exactly what it is we’ll be working on, but it’s exciting enough that I reconfigured my life in a major way to continue working on the project (I was initially a consultant on a proof-of-concept effort). The work involves cutting-edge materials, embedded sensing and actuation, a lot of prototyping and iteration, some challenging performance goals, is well-funded, and has enough runway (we think). Here’s a listing, with some job description near the bottom.

https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/1868564/sr-engineer-mechatronics-amazon-incubator

We’re actively interviewing and hiring, so applying directly on that web site is great, but interested folks should probably also contact me directly at: mailto:sminimum_at_amazon.com Thanks for checking it out, and feel free to apply even if you don’t think you tick all of the qualification boxes….I take a close look at everybody.

I’m also looking for somebody experienced to help establish and run the prototyping lab, as well as help out with prototyping itself (design simple parts, run machines, procure tools and supplies), if anybody knows a candidate appropriate for that (or wants the role). The qualifications are more flexible.

https://www.amazon.jobs/en/jobs/1868563/sr-lab-manager-prototyping-amazon-incubator

Scott

Scott Minneman (ME, DD, CDR, PhD 91)

Principal Research Scientist, Amazon