job_032822b: Mechanical Design Engineer, Matician (Palo Alto, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 20:38:11 +0000

Matician agrees with Stanford's employer recruiting guidelines.

Mechnical Design Engineer - Matician (Palo Alto, CA) (Matician.com<http://matician.com/>)

At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy through Robotics. Individuals spend on average 10+ hours weekly doing mundane tasks in their home. We are using Level 5 Autonomy and mobility to reimagine home robots in order to give people this time back. We build and ship great products that solve real problems for people we love. Our mission-driven team values learning, creativity, and curiosity in a high-ownership culture. We're a post-series A, well-funded startup backed by well known angel investors and entrepreneurs whom have taken numerous companies public.

We're looking for ambitious and inquisitive Mechanical Design Engineers to join us (pre-launch!) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.

About role:
--------------

Product Design Engineer to join our early core team with BS/BEng or MS/MEng with depth in mechatronics/robotics.

What you'll do

  * Own end-to-end design of parts & assemblies
  * Fabricate prototypes, iterate rapidly, advance your concepts through to high volume production
  * Develop specifications and accelerated test plans to validate the product for its determined lifetime
  * Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of subject matter experts to create a cohesive and balanced product
  * Establish relationships with vendors, suppliers, and CMs in a startup environment
What we look for

  * Technical degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
  * Proven track record of creative, complex mechanical design and successful physical build
  * Experience in reliability and analysis testing (GD&T)
  * Knowledge of injection molding
  * Strong CAD skills (master/skeleton modeling, managing assemblies, PDM)
  * Comfort with fast-paced, startup atmosphere -- you don’t shy away from the hard work
  * High level of maturity, ownership, and pride in your work
We'd love to hear from you if...

  * You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
  * You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
  * You love diagnosing complex technical issues
  * You are excited to do great work
  * You thrive in a fast-paced environment where everyone is expected to lead, own, and drive towards great products
Contact: April LIttlejohn, april<mailto:april_at_matician.com>_at_matician.com<mailto:april_at_matician.com>