job_032822c: Technical Program Manager, Matician (Palo Alto, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 20:42:12 +0000

Matician agrees with Stanford's employer recruiting guidelines.

Technical Program Manager - Matician (Palo Alto, CA) (Matician.com<http://matician.com/>)

At Matician, our goal is to save people time and energy through Robotics. Individuals spend on average 10+ hours weekly doing mundane tasks in their home. We are using Level 5 Autonomy and mobility to reimagine home robots in order to give people this time back. We build and ship great products that solve real problems for people we love. Our mission-driven team values learning, creativity, and curiosity in a high-ownership culture. We're a post-series A, well-funded startup backed by well known angel investors and entrepreneurs whom have taken numerous companies public.

We're looking for a driven Technical Program Manager to join us (pre-launch!) on the ground floor, with runway for huge and immediate impact.

About role:
--------------

Product Design Engineer to join our early core team with BS/BEng or MS/MEng with depth in mechatronics/robotics.

What you'll do

  * Drive cross-functional efforts to define product roadmap and long-term strategy
  * Develop and manage end-to-end project plans to ensure on-time delivery, day-to-day coordination, and quality assurance
  * Identify potential dependencies and implement mitigation strategies, adjusting product timelines as needed
  * Champion company-wide visibility into planning, development status, risks, etc.
  * Build and maintain effective communication channels across all cross-functional teams (engineering, supply chain, product, operations, etc.)
  * Design robust internal and external-facing testing modules to drive product testing at every stage of development
  * Consolidate, analyze, and socialize feedback to drive product/process improvements
  * Implement metrics to track development and measure impact for process improvement at scale
  * Own full product BOM accuracy & communication of changes between design, supply chain, and material planning
What we look for

  * Background in software engineering, hardware engineering, or Program/Project Management
  * Track record of driving technical programs for products from inception to delivery
  * Ability to distill cross-functional efforts into tactical plans, driving prioritization consensus across teams
  * Sharp verbal and written communication skills; with an ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
  * Keen product sense and ability to articulate technical requirements and roadblocks
  * Experience creating documentation, test reports, data analyses, and product briefs for leadership teams
  * Excellent organizational skills -- you can sweat the details without losing pace in a fast-paced environment
  * Strong composure under pressure and ability to navigate swiftly in ambiguity
We'd love to hear from you if...

  * You are genuinely motivated to help those around you
  * You are passionate about learning outside of your normal comfort zones
  * You love diagnosing complex technical issues
  * You are excited to do great work
  * You thrive in a fast-paced environment where everyone is expected to lead, own, and drive towards great products
Contact: April LIttlejohn, april_at_matician.com<http://april_at_matician.com/>