job_042622b: Robotics Research Internship, OMRON Research Center of America (San Ramon, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 13:01:02 +0000

We agree with Stanford's employer recruiting guidelines.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OMRON Research Center of America Internships in Robotics
Summer 2022
San Ramon, CA

Overview

Internships are available during the Summer of 2022 for Graduate Students in Robotics.
Augment your academic skills with real world experience at Omron in California!

As an Research Intern at the Omron Research Center of America (ORCA) in San Ramon, California, you will join a team of seasoned researchers developing the next generation of robotic technologies. We work closely with the Omron Robotics & Safety Technologies business (formerly Adept Robotics) to develop new technologies for release in Omron's world class industrial automation products.

The Position

The Research Intern will be a part of the Robotic Manipulation Research Team led by senior ORCA members, working on projects bridging pure research and product development that enables new real-world applications.

Ideal candidates are currently enrolled in a PhD program in Robotics and already have some experience with software development.
We expect candidates to have taken courses or otherwise have experience with:
- Motion planning & perception for manipulation
- Human robot interaction
- Sensing technologies
- Robot system architectures and design
- Bonus: Knowledge in the areas of planning with dynamic obstacles, planning under uncertainty, occlusion-aware planning

Research Interns will own a portion of the research project, and will take part in:
- Algorithm development, implementation & verification
- System testing & evaluation
- Professional collaboration & communication

Why Should You Apply?

ORCA prides itself with having a flexible, dynamic, and friendly culture. We are located in a prime location on the Bishop Ranch campus with on-site walking trails, dining & fitness center, and free local shuttle. There are shopping & entertainment venues within walking distance of ORCA and the larger San Ramon area has easy access to a wide array of hiking & bicycle trails, food options, and access to mass transit.

If interested, please contact Sean Bailey (sean.bailey_at_omron.com<mailto:sean.bailey_at_omron.com>).

Sean A. Bailey, PhD
R&D Manager, Fixed Robots
Omron Research Center of America
2700 Camino Ramon, Suite 140