job_062122a: Electro-Mechanical Engineer, Lumencor Inc (Beaverton, Oregon)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 19:05:59 +0000

Lumencor agrees with Stanford's employer recruiting guidelines.

Electro-Mechanical Engineer
Engineering | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
JOB DESCRIPTION
About Us:
Lumencor, Inc., based in Beaverton, Oregon, manufactures high-performance solid state lighting subsystems, "light engines," for bioanalytical instruments, medical devices and life science research tools. Products are sold worldwide to equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors, laboratories and individual researchers. The company is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to contribute to the production of Lumencor light engines and accessories.
The electro-mechanical engineer will work with the mechanical systems engineering team to develop Lumencor's next generation of automated imaging equipment. As a team member, the electro-mechanical engineer will play an important role in system specification generation, design layout, mechanical design, component selection/validation, and embedded controls design and programming.
Responsibilities:
* Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, reports to determine design factors.
* Develop mechanical design of chassis, support structures, enclosures, and mechanisms.
* Produce stage, motor, and motion controller design or off-the-shelf selection.
* Prepare wiring/cabling design, layout, and development of documentation.
* Facilitate embedded controller (motion, temperature, input logic) selection, integration, and programming.
* Facilitate the creation of new advance product designs and layouts with SolidWorks.
* Support manufacturing department with fixtures, scripts, training, assembly drawings and build instructions.
* Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, or maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems or processes to meet requirements.
* Confer with electrical engineers to design and layout circuit boards.
* Evaluate mechanical designs or prototypes for energy performance or environmental impact.
* Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, or other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, or maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
* Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
* Work with the regulatory group to ensure new designs conform to best practices for safety.
* Prepare and communicate specifications for purchase of materials and equipment/tooling when necessary.
Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Mechanical Engineering.
* Experience with embedded systems/mechatronics
* Proficiency in 3D CAD design. SolidWorks preferred.
* History of design of machined, molded, and sheet metal components
* Familiarity with machine shop tools (mill, lathe, grinder, etc)
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Proactive, self-sufficient, creative and collaborative work style.
* Excellent communication skills.
Preferred experience:
* Masters Degree is preferred.
Culture and Benefits:
At Lumencor, our standards are high. Our Engineering team continually pushes to deliver the best lighting solutions the industry has ever seen. We do this by relying on the talent and ingenuity of our staff. We look for people who can think critically and creatively; people who can dream big and act responsibly as they push past boundaries in an ethical and collaborative manner. Lumencor found its beginnings in challenging the status quo by recognizing and executing on the very best of what is possible; this fundamental quality permeates through the culture of the company to this day.
If this describes the type of team you would like to be a part of, we want to speak with you!
Lumencor believes in a healthy work environment for all employees, and fosters teamwork and respect for others while adhering to ethical work practices. We offer a full package of employees health, dental and vision insurance as well as many other perks. Our working culture rewards effort and success while embracing imagination and diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lumencor requires all current and future employees to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 including booster shot as a condition of hire unless they are eligible for accommodation under applicable law.

Please send a resume/CV to hr_at_lumencor.com<mailto:hr_at_lumencor.com>

Thanks,

Alex Jasso
ME BS '99
ME MS '00