job_051822a: Mechatronics R&D Engineer, Ruby Robotics (Menlo Park, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 22:57:14 +0000

Ruby Robotics agrees to abide by Stanford University's employer Recruiting guidelines.

About Us: Ruby Robotics uses automation and AI to rapidly prepare, image, and analyze tissue during biopsy procedures. Our solution aims to provide patients with same-day diagnoses and increased procedural safety while boosting efficiency and revenue for hospitals. Founded by Stanford alums and executives of successful medical device companies, we are moving quickly and funded by healthcare angels and VCs.

About This Opportunity: We are building our R&D team and looking for a proficient mechatronics engineer. The ideal candidate will combine a strong background in mechatronic systems development with desire to work as a member of a small, dynamic start-up team. This is a great opportunity to shape the technical direction of an early-stage start-up that is positively impacting cancer care. We are open to both consulting and full-time applicants in the San Francisco Bay area where our hardware is located.

Minimum Qualifications:
* Degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science or related field
* 3+ years experience designing, iterating, troubleshooting, and testing mechatronic systems for medical robotics, medical device, or lab equipment applications
* Software/firmware coding proficiency including motion controls and sensor processing, ideally in C/C++
* Strong analytical skills and creative mindset
* Works well in a small agile startup team

Bonus Qualifications:
* MS or PhD in engineering / computer science
* Experience in computer vision / image processing
* Experience in optics / microscopy
* Mechanical design experience in SolidWorks / 3D CAD

Please Send: A resume/CV to jobs_at_ruby-robotics.com<mailto:jobs_at_ruby-robotics.com>. We look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
Jeff Schlosser
ME PhD '13