job_060611a: SAP Internships - BP PG ECE UX

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 09:58:15 -0700

>Three internships:
>· Intern, Machine Learning Engineer
>Start date July/August 2011 Duration 1 Term
>· Intern BP PG ECE UX September 2011 Duration 1 Term
>· Intern, Marketing Operations 6 months Start July 2011
>
>Recruiter: Nilofer Qureshi
>
>Deadline: June 20, 2011
>
>How to apply: <http://www.careersatsap.com>www.careersatsap.com
>

>Reference Code: US-54252860-EN-11-002
>
>Position 1: Intern, BP PG ECE UX

>Internship Sept 2011 – Nov 2011
>
>40 Hours per week
>
>Location: Palo Alto, CA
>
>PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
>
>The SAP User Experience Team (UX) is a
>centralized group within the Business Suite and
>Technology Group at SAP, the world leader in
>business software. Our group’s mission is to
>provide wide-spread services to the
>organization, such as design services, design standards,
>usability testing, and the user-centered design process.
>
>The UX Design USA team is looking for an intern
>with strong design skills to help us create and
>visualize innovative product experiences and
>present those to the product teams and end users
>for usability testing. Our team offers the place
>to stretch skills in new directions, gain industry
>experience, and an opportunity to leverage
>design to change the lives of end users of enterprise
>applications around the world.
>
>EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
>
>Intern responsibilities will focus on the
>creation of interactive prototypes, but can span to include
>the following (based on skills and interest):
>
>· Create attractive, high quality UX
>designs, of both low and high fidelity.
>· Knowledge of visual design and
>Analytical data visualization a plus.
>· Involvement in end user research to
>explore, uncover and analyze end user requirements
>· during field studies, user interviews etc
>· Support of usability studies,
>including preparation, conduct, data analysis, and results
>· Presentation Collaboration with staff members on interaction design
>
>EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
>
>· Must be proficient in HTML,
>Macromedia Flash, Flex, Adobe Photoshop,
>· Dreamweaver or other prototyping/web 2.0 technologies
>· Must be able to create dynamic
>prototypes which will be used for Usability tests and product
>· Demos Background or knowledge in
>Usability testing and User Centered Design is a plus
>· Examples of work will be required for qualification
>
>WORK EXPERIENCE
>
>Currently enrolled in a Masters degree in
>Computer science, Human computer interaction,
>Graphic Design, Arts or related discipline.
>Candidate should have completed one or more
>classes on programming languages pertaining to
>prototyping or web 2.0 technologies
>Requires candidates to currently be enrolled in
>an undergraduate, Masters, MBA or PhD degree
>program which is applicable to the position.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at
http://design.stanford.edu/archive/ (the
archive is not working right now - we hope to have it fixed soon)

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.