job_083111a: Mechanical Test Engineering Intern - Intuitive Surgical

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:11:09 -0700

I graduated in 2007 and 2009 from the ME program at Stanford. I am
currently working at Intuitive Surgical as a Mechanical Engineer, and
our group has an internship position open (looking to start
immediately), and we're looking for a good person to work with. The
job description is listed below. Interested candidates should send
their resume directly to me (melody.wu_at_intusurg.com) and apply online
through the website
(<http://intuitivesurgical.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=2601144&user_id=>http://intuitivesurgical.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=2601144&user_id=).

Thanks!
-Melody

Job Title : Mechanical Test Engineering Intern
Job Number : 499945
Location : Sunnyvale, CA
Full/Part Time : Full-Time
Shift : Regular

Primary Function:

Roles and Responsibilities
This position has responsibility and authority for:
    * Run performance tests to characterize motors and mechanical drivetrains.
    * Analyze data and write draft reports that include statistical data.
    * Perform life testing on motor/gear train mechanism, analyze
results and write reports.
    * Utilize test fixtures for pressure testing of dynamic rotary
and radial seals.
    * Perform sterilization tests for assessing dynamic rotary and
radial seals, including managing outside suppliers.
    * Perform and document testing of intricate mechanical assemblies.

Competency Requirements
Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position
the individual must:
    * Must have excellent communications skills.
    * Basic understanding of mechanism design required.
    * Experienced with LabView, Solidworks CAD package a plus.
    * Strong skills in experimental methods and data analysis.
    * Some mechanical design experience preferred.

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.