job_032212a: Mechatronics Intern, Oculeve (Stanford, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 11:11:51 -0700

>Oculeve, Inc is a Stanford Biodesign startup looking to bring on a
>mechatronics intern to help design and build our novel medical
>device for treating dry eye disease.
>

>Oculeve is developing a device-based treatment for dry eye disease,
>a debilitating condition that affects more than 20 million
>Americans. The current leading treatment is a pharmaceutical product
>that only marginally increases tear production after 6 months of
>use, but represents a $1B market. Oculeve's solution includes a
>simple out-patient office procedure that will eliminate the effects
>of dry eye disease and vastly improve quality of life for millions
>of people worldwide.
>

>We are looking for a passionate and motivated team member with basic
>knowledge of electrical systems & equipment and experience
>programming a PIC microcontroller. Specific tasks may include:
>designing a prototype electrical device using PIC microcontroller,
>testing the device and building test fixtures, and working with
>manufacturers to deliver parts.
>

>Start date, end date, and hours are flexible. The position can begin
>ASAP, lasting through the end of the summer and has the potential to
>lead to full-time employment with the company as well. Candidates
>must be able to put in a minimum of about 8 hours/week (preferably
>one full day/week); the position can be full-time as well, so
>graduating students or recent grads are encouraged to apply.
>

>If interested, please send resumes and questions to
><mailto:chris_at_oculeve.com>chris_at_oculeve.com.

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.