job_032712a: Embedded Systems Developer, 219 Design (Mountain View, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 07:09:23 -0700

[]

Position: Embedded Systems Developer at 219 Design

219 Design aims to be the best product
development consulting firm in the Bay Area. Our
specialty is tackling complex projects that
combine electronic, mechanical, and software
design. We have built a solid client base over
the last eight years (e.g. BMW, Bump, NASA,
Synaptics, Volkswagen) and look forward to
continued growth in 2012 and beyond. Our
developers are a key component to our success,
and we are looking for some outstanding
individuals to expand our current team.

We are looking for an ME218 alum (or someone with
a similar background) who has a passion for
software and firmware. Ideally, we will fill
this position with an engineer who has software
or firmware experience outside of the classroom,
but consideration will be given to exceptional
engineers who can demonstrate their potential to
contribute to our team. As a developer at 219,
you will work on a changing landscape of projects
that are for the medical, consumer, automotive,
and industrial markets. You will be involved
with the development of prototypes and products
that will get into the hands of people.

About You:
    * You are a multi-talented engineer who wants
to apply your embedded systems knowledge to real-world problems.
    * ME218 was the most fun course you have ever taken.
    * You view a job as more than a just way to
make money – you see it as a way to fulfill an
inner drive to ssolve problems and to express your creativity.
    * You value a work environment where your
voice counts. We currently have 10 easy-going
developers, an awesome technician, and a great office manager.
    * You are a true team player but can also handle self-management.
    * You expect a job to provide you continued
opportunities for personal growth.
    * You value life-work balance. We ask our
developers to get 40 hours on the clock per week.
    * You have strong communication skills and
can be respectful and persuasive at the same time.
    * You would be excited to work out of our
well-equipped Mountain View location that is a
quarter mile from the Caltrain and downtown MV.

Bonus Points:
    * Strong grasp of OOP principles
    * Strong grasp of interrupt-driven design and real-time systems
    * C++
    * GUI development
    * LabVIEW
    * Linux
    * Automated testing
    * Medical device development

Besides being a great place to work, we offer
competitive salaries and benefits.

Check out our website at
<http://www.219design.com/>www.219design.com.
Please send your resume, a code sample that is
representative of your skill level and style, and
an email describing why you're a good fit for us
to <mailto:jobs_at_219design.com>jobs_at_219design.com.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.