job_052312: Sr. Hardware Design Engineer, Starbucks (Seattle, WA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 14:17:54 -0700

Senior Hardware Design Engineer

Fast-paced engineering team seeks prolific, creative, hands-on,
innovative mechanical engineer or product designer to help develop
the future of coffee and tea brewing platforms for retail, office and the home.

Our team invented the Clover 1s
(<http://www.starbucks.com/coffee/learn/clover>www.starbucks.com/coffee/learn/clover),
a single-cup, retail brewed coffee machine that changed the coffee
industry. Starbucks bought our company in 2008.

We have more next-generation platforms underway than we can manage.
We need help from are looking to hire an engineer who loves
mechanisms, understands electro-mechanical integration (we build
coffee robots after all), knows their way around a mill and lathe,
and has a knack for designing beautiful machines that exceed expectations.

Our team works best with people who build things in their spare time
and who iterate to find the best solutions. We move quickly from
LEGOs, to our wood shop, to our machine shop, then to local fab houses.

We are looking for a rock star engineer. This job is in Seattle;
relocation is negotiable.

Contact Randy Hulett
(<mailto:rhulett_at_starbucks.com>rhulett_at_starbucks.com) if this sounds like you.

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.