job_020813a: Design Engineer, Medical Device Startup (Mountain View, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 06:33:49 -0800

Medical Device Startup Seeking Dynamic Engineer

We are a recently funded, close to market medical
device startup addressing a huge, compelling
clinical need with an elegant, cutting-edge
solution. We are seeking an energetic engineer
to join our team and help drive our project to reality.

You:

· Able design, spec, and source system components

· Good at vendor management to maintain project timeline

· Team player with excellent communication skills

· Self-starter who goes to the action

· Interested in medical device startups

· Ability to work independently. You will
have support and backup on the technical side;
but drive is important in this role.

· Experience specifying, designing,
constructing, and executing product tests

· Provide accurate scheduling for, timely
execution of, and attention to detail in all assigned tasks

· Perform root cause analysis of system problems.

· Love to participate in group design
efforts, incorporate feedback, and constantly improve offering.

· Familiarity with medical device Quality Systems and Design Controls

· Able to interface well with physicians
and patients, and filter feedback for incorporation into product.

Qualifications:

· At least B.S. degree in mechanical
engineering, product design, electrical
engineering, biomechanical engineering, or related field.

· 1-3 years experience in project-based
teams bringing new products to life.

· Excellent written and verbal communication skills

Additional Qualifications Desired:

· Solidworks

· Medical device experience preferred

· Competence in the use of lab instruments: meters, oscilloscopes, probes

· Soldering and breadboarding skills

· Electronic hardware and firmware design

· Experience developing embedded controls

· Software capability to write and debug simple code

· Labview, MatLab, Altium, OrCAD, Eagle

Consulting position. We offer competitive pay
and stock options. We also offer excellent
exposure to the startup environment and early
stage medical device companies. Founders are
Stanford alums with over 35 years combined
experience across 6+ companies, including
successful exits. You will gain valuable,
marketable exposure to all aspects of
development: technical, clinical, marketing,
fundraising, IP, regulatory, quality, manufacturing.

Interested parties contact:
<mailto:infomedstartup_at_gmail.com>infomedstartup_at_gmail.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.