job_050813a: ME Summer Internship at Channel Medsystems (SF, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 13:40:00 -0700

TITLE: Mechanical Engineering Intern

SUMMARY: We are a small medical device start-up looking for a summer
intern who wants to work on a team to develop state-of-the-art
technology which will become the standard of care in our target
market. The ideal candidate will be someone with a high level of
individual responsibility, strong hands-on technical skills, and the
drive and desire to work at a fast-paced, venture-backed startup. We
are located in Potrero Hill in San Francisco.

JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

Design and build prototypes.

Design experiments and develop test methods to evaluate concepts and
components.

Use CAD to create parts and then select and qualify suppliers to
fabricate the parts.

Complete incoming inspection.

Participate in clinical builds while working in our cleanroom.

Participate in brainstorming sessions

Work effectively within a regulated industry

ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:

A willingness to work hard as a member of a highly-driven team

Excellent attention to detail

Comfort working independently

Experience using Solidworks

PLEASE SEND US:

Your resume

Some examples of your work (website links, a portfolio, pictures,
whatever you have)

Send to Brian at
<mailto:bneil_at_channelmedsystems.com>bneil_at_channelmedsystems.com

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.