job_051813a: UX Designer (All Levels), Opower (San Francisco, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 07:22:32 -0700

UX Designer - All Levels

San Francisco, CA, United States

About the Job

Let's face it... when people think "energy usage data," they don't
necessarily think "fun and interesting." The challenge for the UX
team is to take complex data and make it simple and relevant for
everyday people around the world (millions of people in fact). We
combine best design practices with our strong foundation in
behavioral science to inspire real, positive action. UX is a core
part of Opower's success - without great product design we would not
have been able to achieve the amazing results we have to date, and
there's a lot more to come. Exciting things are happening here on the
design front, and we're looking to add some rockstars to our team.
Our team is small and nimble with limited hierarchy and lots of
ownership. We're looking for designers who are out-of-the-box
thinkers, passionate about our mission, excited to move their product
through a complete lifecycle, and want to dive in and get their hands dirty.

A portfolio is required.

We are looking for case studies of extremely usable,
consumer-oriented product design that showcase your UX skills, your
design process, and your creativity for solving design challenges.

About You

- You have an MS (preferred) in HCI, Design, or related field.

- You're a design rockstar - everyone fights to have you on their team.

- You're a UX designer first and foremost, but have some other skills
as well - you can put on your prototyping hat and build a lean, mean
web prototype, or you can put on your visual designer hat and make
things look awesome.

- You jump at the chance to sketch, post-it, mind map, brainstorm to
solve problems.

- You love diving into the details.

- You are comfortable and experienced leading user research & testing
sessions on your designs.

- You are a master at time management.

- Experience working with Agile development process is a plus.

Responsibilities

- You'll own UX design for product features within the Opower
offering. You'll be designing for print, web, mobile, and devices.

- You'll explore UI solutions, create UX flows, build wireframes,
write specs for developers.

- You'll help drive the UX vision for future products and new features.

- You'll participate in the entire design & development process,
including close collaboration with scrum teams.

- You'll lead usability testing and incorporate findings into your designs.

- You'll be an advocate for our users.

Contact: Scott Walker (<mailto:scott.walker_at_opower.com>scott.walker_at_opower.com)

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.