job_061213a: Interaction design / iOS dev. intern, Faraday Bicycles (SF, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:30:50 -0700

Faraday Bicycles
Position: Interaction design / iOS dev.
intern
Location: San Francisco, CA
6/11/2013

full time paid summer intern to join our
team. We’re looking for an EE / Interaction
Design hacker with experience working with
firmware, wireless communications (BLE
specifically), and mobile app design (preferably
iOS). The challenge is an excellent one – take
Faraday’s exceptional electric bicycles to the
next level by designing and implementing a mobile
application to interact wirelessly with the
bike. There are limitless possibilities for the
interactions and features that could be enabled –
you get to lead the effort to design and evaluate
the different options and help decide what goes to market.

This position is open immediately, and carries
the possibility of extending to full-time come fall.

Key responsibilities + expectations :
- Work with Faraday’s lead EE on evaluation of Bluetooth chipsets.
- Write software and debug to communicate
wireless with bicycle from mobile device.
- Design and write mobile app to enable
communications and interaction with bike.
- Work with lead EE to integrate app/Bluetooth
communication with bike’s serial bus to enable
control of different features on bike (lights,
motor output, battery status, GPS, etc.).
- Thorough documentation of work.

Experience + Qualifications:
- iOS Application Development experience working with Bluetooth Accessories
- Low Power Bluetooth Hardware Experience
- Embedded C Firmware Experience working with Atmel Microcontrollers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for cool tech and great design.

The Bottom Line
We’re looking for someone who loves amazing
technology as much as we do and wants to join our
young, hard-working team to create the world’s
first smart electric bicycle – that will ship by
the end of this year. Are you looking for a real
challenge and learning opportunity where you’ll
work side-by-side with an experienced team of
engineers and designers? Are you a hands-on
builder, tinkerer, and hacker? Can you imagine
anything more exciting than helping bring what’s
been described as “one of the most eagerly
anticipated new bicycles in years” to life?

About Faraday Bicycles
Faraday Bicycles™ is an early stage start-up
dedicated to revolutionary bicycle innovation and
design. We are engineers, designers, and industry
veterans who passionately believe that better
bikes make a better world. Learn more at
<http://faradaybikes.com>faradaybikes.com.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://design.stanford.edu/archive/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.