job_070513a: R&D / Design Engineer, Pelvalon (Sunnyvale, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 16:12:05 -0700

THE COMPANY:

Pelvalon is a small startup company dedicated to
bringing a first-of-its-kind healthcare product
to market. Our team is made up of driven founders
and employees on a mission to enable safe and
effective treatment for a drastically underserved
patient population. We have support from the top
physicians in our field and have rapidly pushed
forward our technology since the company’s founding in 2010.

We are always continuing to push the limits of
our innovation, turning our concept into a truly
first-class product. That’s where YOU come in:

THE CANDIDATE:

You are a well-rounded and sharp
designer/engineer that is ready to own the following:
    * Technical design – Understanding what makes
our concept work, designing to maximize effectiveness
    * Mechanism design – Making small metal and
plastic parts do what you want them to do, when you want them to do it
    * User-focused design – Understanding the
ergonomic, cool-factor, and robustness needs of
the user and designing products to meet these needs
    * Hands-on prototyping – Being creative with
readily accessible tools and materials to create
functional, proof-of-concept prototypes
    * Turning your prototype into a real product
    * Designing parts for silicone molding
    * Developing novel manufacturing methods
    * Designing for scalability
You are also a thoughtful and creative team
member with the following attributes:
    * Continual curiosity
    * Ability to design something functional AND beautiful
    * Passion for emerging tech and drive to innovate
    * Excellent problem solving skills
    * Ability to self-direct and drive a project
from conception through execution
    * CAD experience (expert level not required –
but exposure and eagerness to learn is a must)
    * Some familiarity with the integration of electronic components
    * 0 – 8 years experience designing, building
and testing; Masters degree is a plus

THE PROCESS:

This is an exciting opportunity to bring your
creativity and design skills to a start-up with
great opportunities for professional growth. To
get this process started, please send a personal
email introduction along with your resume and
portfolio to
<mailto:steve_at_pelvalon.com>steve_at_pelvalon.com by
July 21st. Sorry, no phone calls please.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.