job_052114a: Mechanical Prototype Engineer, Fitbit (San Francisco, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 18:14:43 -0700

Fitbit is a venture-backed growth oriented company building consumer
oriented, health and fitness devices with a focus on design and user
experience.

We are building a world-class Research Team of hacker-scientist-types
to dream up, prototype, and deliver shipping products. Research at
Fitbit spans a big set of problems from hardware development to
embedded signal processing algorithms to data mining, all with a
twist of experimentation. We work in a dynamic and collaborative
environment where the goal is to learn things quickly, iterate fast,
and make awesome products.

We are looking for a Mechanical Prototype Engineer to build fancy,
beautiful looking hardware sensors. You will design and build
prototypes to understand how the mechanicals affect our sensors. You
will do a lot of computer simulations and real-world experiments,
usually involving people, in order to quantify the tradeoffs between
form and function. This will feed into industrial design to inform
what our products will look like. You will support the mechanical
needs of the entire research team by prototyping enclosures,
attachments, etc., and playing with surface textures, coatings, and
materials. The insights that you gain will help determine the look
and feel of our products.

<https://www.fitbit.com/jobs/search#jobs/oVx9Yfwj>Apply Here!

Lindsay Schweikert
Hardware Recruiting, Fitbit

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.