job_032615b: Electrical Engineer, blu eCigs (Campbell, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 08:34:17 -0700

blu eCigs, a leading manufacturer of electronic cigarettes, is currently
seeking an Embedded Systems Engineer, located at our technology office in
Silicon Valley, CA. Come join our team of engineering all-stars and be
challenged with reshaping one of the most widely used yet most controversial
products in history. Our innovative environment provides the feel of a
start-up, but with the backing of a company that's been in business since
1760.

As an Electrical Engineer, you'll be responsible for developing hardware
designs that will be deployed across the company's expanding product line.
Not only will you work on soon to be launched products, but you will be
integrally involved in technology development. In this role, you'll work
with a cross functional engineering team to create designs for consumer
products and testing devices. We are looking for a creative and energetic
person to imagine new concepts and rapidly transform them into reality.

Qualifications

- Bachelor's degree electrical engineering or related field
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in an electrical engineering role developing
consumer products
- Knowledge of several 8/16/32 bit microcontroller families
- Experience designing robust analog and digital circuits
- Experience evaluating and integrating a variety of sensor technologies
- Knowledge of power management techniques
- Experience creating schematics and PCB layouts (preferably in Altium)
- MUST be able to demonstrate hands-on electronics prototyping experience
- Experience with debugging tools such as oscilloscopes and spectrum
analyzers
- Demonstrated ability to provide accurate work estimates and keep a project
on schedule
- Ability to design and document work-product
- Understanding of embedded systems fundamentals

Additional skills:

- Experience developing Bluetooth Low Energy products is a plus
- Experience developing USB connected products is a plus
- Experience in ultra-low-power design and development

blu eCigs offers a competitive benefits package, which includes - Matching
401k, 14 paid holidays, generous vacation plan, medical, dental, and life
insurance.

blu eCigs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug screening is required for
all new hires.

No Agency Referrals. Applicants must be able to legally work in the U.S. on
a permanent basis. H1-B and relocation assistance not available.

See our job posting and apply through LinkedIn at:
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/40815829
Send resumes to: ramon_at_blucigs.com

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.