job_051215a: Mechanical Engineering Intern, Nebia (SF, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 09:36:36 -0700

Job Posting:

Nebia is developing an entirely new concept for
consumer showers. We have built a novel shower
system, based on a premium experience, beautiful
design, and 80% water and energy savings. We are
driven by a passion for the highest standards of
design and user experience as well as a desire to
be more responsible consumers of earth's most
precious resource. We have run beta tests with
Equinox Gyms, Google and Apple, and we will be
doing more throughout the summer. In addition to
testing we are in the process of preparing our
design for mass production as well as going
through Y-Combinator’s summer batch.

We are looking for a summer mechanical
engineering intern to help design and build
experimental setups for our shower system. The
work will include researching testing equipment,
designing experiments and building test setups.
All of the testing will influence how the product
is designed, and eventually manufactured.

The mechanical engineering intern we'd love to
talk to is excited about design driven consumer
products, as well as applying industrial
technologies to make world class consumer
experiences. We hope our interns will also learn
about designing for mass production, reliability
testing and designing experiments to collect
meaningful data. The internship will be over the
summer, with the hope of continued collaboration,
or full-time work, in the future.

Some things we would like to see in a candidate are:
    * A solid background in fluid dynamics and heat transfer
    * Familiarity with thermocouples, pressure,
flow-rate and other fluid sensors
    * Familiarity programing lab controllers or
substitutes like Arduino/ Raspberry Pi.
    * Labview or other lab software experience
    * Passion for improving people's lives and the world through technology

If interested in applying please send your resume
and any other relevant material to:Â
<mailto:Gabriel_at_nebia.com>Gabriel_at_nebia.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.