job_070716a: Growth and Partnerships Director, Ashoka U (Washington, DC)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 06:42:43 -0700

Title: Growth and Partnerships Director

Hiring through: ReWork

Location: Washington, DC

Type: Full Time

Min Experience: Mid Level

ABOUT ASHOKA

<http://ashoka.org/>Ashoka invests in people who
see the world not as it is, but as it could be;
who seek to change a broken system instead of
letting it continue. We call them social
entrepreneurs, and over the past 35 years, we
have supported more than 3,000 Ashoka Fellows as
leading social entrepreneurs in 70 countries.

Our work is based on a fundamental insight:
Behind every social innovation, there are human
beings. Supporting the best of them, and
connecting them with a network of peers, is the
most effective way to bring about social change.

Our vision is a world where everyone is a
changemaker a world where everyone has the skilll
and confidence to drive social change, and is committed to the good of all.

Changemaking is a way of being, including being
empathetic and thoughtful, being curious and
creative, and being resilient to make life better
for yourself and your family, friends, community,
humanity, and the planet. Becoming a changemaker,
then, is a process of becoming equipped with and
inclined to use a sophisticated worldview and
complex array of changemaking skills.

ABOUT ASHOKA U

Higher education offers the ideal platform for
changemaking. Yet within colleges and
universities, silos between different divisions
and outdated educational methodologies have
resulted a lack of clarity for students seeking
to learn how to effectively contribute to social
change. As a result, students may never get
involved; or they may move too quickly, proposing
new innovations without fully understanding the
context or the existing players.

<http://ashokau.org/>Ashoka U, founded in 2008
and serving as Ashoka’s University initiative,
seeks to address this challenge by collaborating
with colleges and universities to break down
barriers to institutional change and foster a
campus-wide culture of social innovation. As a
result, we aim to impact the education of
millions of students to build their skillsets and
self-identity as changemakers.

To date, Ashoka U has designated 37
<http://ashokau.org/programs/changemaker-campus/>Changemaker
Campuses across seven countries to set the
standard for social innovation in higher
education. We connect a powerful global peer
network of over 150 colleges and universities
representing 30 countries at the annual
<http://ashokau.org/exchange/>Ashoka U Exchange,
the premier gathering for social innovation
educators, and through the
<http://ashokau.org/commons/>Ashoka U Commons, a
virtual accelerator for changemaking education.

The end goal? To shift higher education, from
more traditional to more innovative and
entrepreneurial, while demonstrating that social
innovation and changemaking will more effectively
prepare students for today’s world and equip
higher education to solve global challenges
through action and engagement. In short, we’re
out to create an entirely new model. Instead of
starting from scratch, we work in collaboration
with the system to change the system.

YOUR ROLE: GROWTH AND PARTNERSHIPS DIRECTOR

You will join our team at a critical moment as we
continue to grow and expand all three Ashoka
U core programs: Changemaker Campus, the
Exchange, and the Commons. To do so, the Director
will develop an overarching strategy to
effectively communicate Ashoka U’s
system-changing goals, and results to date, to
the most strategic individuals and institutions
in order to change the field of higher education.
In this context, we view scaling our work in
terms of both breadth (reaching significantly
more people) and depth (transforming
relationships, structures, and systems) through a
clear and focused thought leadership strategy.

The role will entail building and cultivating
partnerships with higher education and social
innovation networks; sharing compelling best
practices for social innovation educational
models in higher education and how to adapt them
across different institutional types; and
engaging key influencers with Ashoka U as the
premier platform for social innovation in higher education.

Although this role is not specifically a sales
position, the Director will work in close
collaboration with the Ashoka U sub-programs to
ensure that the thought leadership and outreach
efforts contribute directly to specific growth
(e.g. # of new Exchange attendees) and revenue
targets (e.g resource sales). Your job is to make
sure we are reaching the right people to move the
needle in higher education as quickly, and
effectively, as possible, while collaborating
with Ashoka’s global team-of-teams to ensure that
our messaging is aligned with Ashoka’s Everyone a
Changemaker vision and partnership opportunities.

SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:

Thought Leadership Strategy & Execution

· Align Ashoka U through leadership
strategy with Ashoka’s global Everyone a Changemaker vision and objectives.

· Develop a clear and compelling unified
message, drawing on the best of Ashoka U and Ashoka.

· Create a thought leadership strategy and
platform where Ashoka staff and
Fellows, Changemaker Campus leaders and
students, and influencers can share a uniform message.

· Build relationships with a sub-set of
Change Leaders and Ashoka Fellows as thought
leaders that we can lift up through our distribution channels.

· Design how to embed thought leadership
into key platforms for distribution.

· Develop and cultivate media partnerships
and content publisher relationships.

· Manage Ashoka U editorial calendar,
including authoring and creating original content.

· Evaluate effectiveness of core message,
and the most compelling “messengers,” in sharing
Ashoka’s overarching vision and Ashoka U’s stance
on how higher education can play a key role.

Network Growth & Product Sales Strategy

· Develop Ashoka U expansion strategy
through a lean and leveraged influence model.

· Define Ashoka U target market and set
specific goals for network growth and product
sales, focusing on innovators and early adopters
(see the
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffusion_of_innovations>Diffusion
of Innovation theory; e.g. who will we engage, in
what ways, and why will engaging them change higher education faster?).

· Educate our team on how to best think
about network expansion, improving efficiency of
efforts across sub-programs (Changemaker Campus, Exchange, and Commons).

· Track progress towards our network
growth and sales goals -- aligned with our target market.

Lead and Execute Marketing Strategy

· Ensure our website, newsletter, and
other forms of mass communications reflect our
brand and engage our network in a meaningful way.

· Ensure that we are leveraging our mass
communications to drive sales for our products
with the types of constituents we are seeking for
upsells, cross-sells and new acquisitions.

· Leverage our networks, existing and new
marketing channels, and strategic relationships
to drive high-quality customer growth and sales for our products.

· Monitor effectiveness of specific
messages and distribution mechanisms.

External Communications

· Ensure full alignment of external
communications and public appearances with Ashoka
U’s overall strategy, impact measurement, and field-level influence ambitions.

· Co-lead relationships with Executive
Director for network partners, higher education
field leaders, and thought leaders outside of our network.

· Serve as a public-facing ambassador for
all key Ashoka U constituencies, including
funders, Change Leaders, Presidents/Provosts/Trustees, etc.

· Organize conference sessions in
collaboration with the Changemaker Campus network
that are advancing key messages to higher
education and social innovation audiences.

· Help engage all of our partners and
allies as collaborators, and engage them in
helping us spread our ideas and influence higher
education and achieve our impact goals.

· Develop and capture metrics to quantify
results (e.g. new partnerships, innovations
adopted, key influencers engaged) and track
credibility (e.g. media traction, name brand recognition, etc.).

WHO YOU ARE:

· Entrepreneurial.

· ...you’re industrious and can do a lot
with a little. You’ve been around the block with
about 8-15 years of market growth, strategic
communications, digital marketing, or other relevant experience.

· A Strategic Communications Expert.

· you’ve designed strategic communication
campaiigns, and can lead the execution of those
plans. You know how to clearly communicate with
various audiences and how to best coordinate various channels to do so.

· Metrics-Driven.

· ...you love metrics and tracking data to
prove progress against set goals. You’re
unquestionably inquisitive and constantly
evaluate and compare results vs targets.

· Opportunistic.

· ...you leverage opportunities. Your ideas
shoot off like rocket fire and you can imagine possibilities left and right.

· Poised & Adaptable.

· ...you are comfortable with ambiguity and
know how to make decisions without perfect information.

· Mission-aligned.

· ...you are deeply passionate about our
mission. Impact comes first to you and you are
relationship-oriented before profit-oriented.

· Articulate & Sharp.

· …you have a reputation for being
particularly well-spoken, well-informed, and well-prepared for every encounter.

THE TEAM

As part of our Ashoka global team-of-teams, you
will interact with the executive leadership team
and entrepreneurial staff from around the world
who are working on a variety of different issue
areas. As a senior member of the Ashoka U team,
you will work directly with colleagues who bring
more than a decade of experience in developing
the field of social innovation in higher
education. As the Growth and Partnerships
Director you will play a cross cutting role
across all of Ashoka U sub-programs. You will
collaborate closely with Changemaker Campus, the
Exchange, Commons and impact measurement staff.

THINK THIS IS THE RIGHT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?

Please complete a quick application to the role
of Growth and Partnerships Director at Ashoka U
through this link -
<http://bit.ly/29lvrQ7>here. The application
deadline is on WEDNESDAY, JULY 13TH, 2016;
therefore we encourage you to submit yours soon!

The application will be a 2-part process. If your
background and experience align, you will be
asked to complete a short-answer questionnaire
designed to replace a cover letter. Please take
your time with them and copy in your answers from a separate document.

Next, if you are chosen as a finalist, you will
be interviewed directly by the Ashoka team. Our
target start date will ideally be August 1.

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU’RE SELECTED AS THE NEW GROWTH AND PARTNERSHIPS DIRECTOR?

You’ll be invited to join our team in our
offices near the beautiful Potomac River in
Washington, DC! If you have any questions about
the role, please feel free to email us at
<mailto:talent_at_rework.jobs>talent_at_rework.jobs.

Best,
Marhian V. Escuro
Skype ID: immaan03

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.