job_041917a: Mechanical Engineer, Halo Neuroscience (San Francisco, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kristin.burns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 07:35:26 -0700

Halo Neuroscience is a San Francisco company focused on making
science-based, wearable, usable neurotech products to help people
reach their athletic and cognitive potential.

We're looking for a mechanical engineer to join our team as soon as
possible. This would be a ME (or a very ME-focused BME) with strong
prototyping ability, Solidworks skills, design sense, startup
mentality paired with discipline, and desire to innovate and push
toward perfection. The ideal candidate would have 1-3 years of
experience, including new product introduction and/or manufacturing,
although we'll consider a brand-new graduate who has plenty of
project and internship experience.

A typical day for this ME at Halo would involve getting hands-on at
the prototyping bench - refining a well-architected CAD model -
shaking hands with an Olympic skier who drops by to compliment our
product - skyping with an adhesives vendor in Guangzhou - and
researching to become the office expert in surface energy of fluids.

Halo is a small but effective and well-funded startup, with
experienced leadership and lots of room to grow. With our background
in medical devices, we believe strongly in accompanying creativity
and design with engineering discipline and rigorous quality. We are
actively mass-producing and shipping product, and we're working on
the next generation of products based on our neurotech platform -
more beautiful, usable, effective products to help people get more
out of their brains.

Please check out more detail at
<http://www.haloneuro.com/careers>www.haloneuro.com - we'd love to
hear from you at <mailto:gethired_at_haloneuro.com>gethired_at_haloneuro.com.

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.