job_061218a: Robotics coach / consultant, Menlo School (Atherton, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 08:35:03 -0700

>>> Menlo School is a top-notch independent school 2 miles from
>>> Stanford. We are seeking a coach for our middle school robotics
>>> team. A small, motivated, and curious group of 6th-8th graders
>>> needs guidance in mechanics and coding for their First Lego
>>> League competitive season and beyond. The first phase of the
>>> season is late August through Thanksgiving. Competition results
>>> will determine is the season is extended.
>>>
>>> The candidate must have a passion for teaching, an easy
>>> rapport with kids, and enthusiasm for the process. We'd like the
>>> coach to be available 2 to 6 hours per week starting immediately;
>>> coach's schedule can dictate timing outside of school hours:
>>> either after 3pm weekdays and/or on the weekend. Students will
>>> get together 3:15-4:30/4:45 after school two days a week as well
>>> as a 3 hour session on the weekends. The coach could select a
>>> consistent time that overlaps with the teams schedule. A modest
>>> stipend is available.
>>> Contact Ruth Housenbold at <mailto:jtbold_at_yahoo.com>jtbold_at_yahoo.com.

Potential applicants should communicate directly with the contact
listed in the posting. Please do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list contains several
distribution lists: Design grad students, ME310 alumni, ME218
alumni, ME jobs list, etc. Members of multiple lists will receive
multiple copies of postings. Please excuse the duplication. Thank you.